I have stayed at this hotel before, and we were planning to come back to bowness with some friends so wanted to stay here, as the location is fantastic and the views from the rooms are lovely. We managed to book in about a week in advance as it is the quiet season now, On arriving to the hotel we were greeted by the friendly staff, who showed us the sititng room, dining room etc, then up to our room (room 3) which was lovely, we didnt have a lake view but it really didnt bother us as we didnt go to just sit in the room and stare out the window all weekend! our friends were in room 7 which was equally as nice. rooms and bathrooms lovely and spacious. the decor in the room was lovely. when we stayed previously we were on the ground floor and the rooms and bathrooms are quite a bit smaller, so its worth paying the extra money for a better room.
it is in a great location just off the main road, so you dont need your car to get around, just a 5 mintue stroll past the shops and your at the lake.
Had a great nights sleep, lovely and quiet apart from when other guests return through the night but thats expected in any hotel.
Breakfast was gorgeous, lots of options for people-even the fussiest of eaters should be able to find something on this menu and the views from the dining room of the lake were lovely to see while having breakfast.
you can also access the leisure facilites at the hotel further up the road.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, i find it hard to see how people could find any faults with this hotel, our friends who we introuduced to it also loved it and thanked us for taking them there and say they would be returning in the future.
thank you for another enjoyable stay!
Hayley & Lee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Cumbria Quality Assured Guest House in the centre of Bowness on Windermere overlooking Lake Windermere and the Langdale Pikes. 11 Of our rooms are en-suite. All have showers and some have a bath and shower. We provide free leisure facilities 150 metres away with a swimming pool, sauna, steam room multi gym and Spa. Prices include breakfast for two. We have free on site parking with free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Priceline so you can book your Oakbank House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakbank Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District