A nice hotel, with lovely views of the lake from our room (room 9), but the shower never worked properly during the three nights we stayed - we mentioned this twice, but weren't offered a reduction in price at all. There's only one iron in the hotel, in a very dimly lit corridor, where you can't see what you're doing properly. The kettle in the room takes forever to boil, and isn't big enough to fill the two cups provided! Breakfast, however, was good, and the location of the place is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Cumbria Quality Assured Guest House in the centre of Bowness on Windermere overlooking Lake Windermere and the Langdale Pikes. 11 Of our rooms are en-suite. All have showers and some have a bath and shower. We provide free leisure facilities 150 metres away with a swimming pool, sauna, steam room multi gym and Spa. Prices include breakfast for two. We have free on site parking with free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your Oakbank House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakbank Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District