“An absolute must!!”

Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An absolute must!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

During a stop off on the Walkers cruise of Windermere myself, my mum, dad and fiancé stopped off in Bowness and decided to look at trip advisor to find the best place for some coffee and cake. Following the reviews we decided to go to cafe latte and we were not disappointed...
We have been to many cafe's in our time and this little beauty is up there with the best (if not THE best!!). The staff were so warm and friendly and the food was just A-M-A-ZING! All the cakes and goodies are home-made and displayed for all to see and it is impossible to resist temptation.
We went to a cafe in Keswick the day after we had been here and although the food was also good the customer service and atmosphere just seemed rubbish in comparison (we would have probably considered it normal had we not experienced the bubbly, friendly nature of the women of cafe latte). This place is a must for anyone visiting Bowness or somewhere nearby...its worth the trip in every way possible. Should be ranked #1 and I'm sure it will be in time to come...after all, they've only been running the business for 16 weeks!

Leek, Staffordshire
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and myself found this little gem of a cafe in Bowness. The tea and cakes were superb, all home made cakes, jam and even butter. The staff were lovely and friendly and we had a good chat about baking and making jam and marmalade. I bake a lot my self and it was lovely to see good old fashioned baking at its best plus my husband is a cakeaholic he thought it was great. The furniture and cushions were just lovely it was very welcoming.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Dont miss this fab cafe!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Bowness on a rainy Sunday morning, looking for shelter. Costa was the obvious choice, but same-old-same-old. Just off the main road, nearly opposite Costa, we saw Cafe Latte, look for the lovely blue windows boxes outside! What a fabulous cafe! The smells and smiles that greet you! Everything is homemade, the coffee is superb, it's difficult to chose what to have. The cakes all looked superb. Huge scones, lemon drizzle, tiffin, gingerbread etc etc. There's sandwiches & soups & gorgeous sausage rolls. We plumped for hot sausages rolls and a large slice of lemon cake, with a seperate pot of lemon curd on the side. WOW! It's a lovely cafe with a personal touch, with bunting, white painted benches & floral cushions adding to the homely atmosphere. Don't miss this cafe if you are in Bowness.

• Visited July 2012
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and phenomenal hospitality ;-)”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The first thing that hits you when entering this marvellous cafe is the wonderful aroma of the freshly baked cakes and then wondering how can you possibly choose between them.
The next thing that strikes is the quirky homely English decor and then you are hit by the extremely friendly staff who can not do enough to ensure that you enjoy what they have to offer!
If you don't fancy a flavoured coffee and magnificent cake there are also lots of savoury snacks on offer, home made sausage rolls and quiches which come with a magnificent salad with couscous and pine nuts and a special homemade dressing

I have had the soup, sandwich, salad and a couple of cakes now ;-) all of which were mouthwateringly good and I cant wait for my next visit to this wonderful cafe....

• Visited June 2012
“Simply the best part of Bowness. Food, service, atmosphere and the nicest people we have ever met!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We visited Bowness on our honeymoon. We sampled most of the cafes and eateries in the Bowness area and there wasn't much to complain about to be honest. We thought that they were all pretty good and on par with one another. That was until we wondered into Cafe Latte one rainy afternoon.
This made everything else seem less than average. As soon as we walked in we were met by mother and daughter team Sharon and Caroline Sanders. Now to paint this picture accurately imagine meeting relatives you haven't seen for a long while and that will give you just a flavour of how welcoming they are. We sat down in very very clean and comfortable surroundings while enjoying the impeccable serviced offered by the family duo.
Now to the food, we ordered the homemade soup for my wife and I had an egg mayo sandwich, with a homemade sausage roll. The soup was magnificent, fragrant and bursting with flavour. My sandwich was moist and tasted so fresh, and as for the sausage roll, well, I was simply blown away. The sausage was cooked to perfection, and the pastry the embraced the sausage was light and not soggy like most!! Amazed simply amazed!!
We have been back every day, twice a day since and genuinely mean this, it made the visit here fabulous. We feel very lucky to have made the friendship of both Sharon and Caroline and they and there Cafe Latte are the sole reason we will return to Bowness.
My final comment is simply this. If you are reading this because you are looking for something to heighten your experience of Bowness there really is only one place to go ...... Cafe Latte!