“One of the best cafes”

Cafe Latte
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 June 2013

After visiting here last year when we came to Bowness-on-Windermere, we made sure to visit again. We did have to wander around outside for a bit until a seat was free as the place is quite small, only about 5 tables. The place is cosy and decorated lovely. There are so many cakes to choose from on the counter and all of them are homemade. Last time I tried the raspberry and white chocolate cake and a hot chocolate which were both amazing. This time I had the lemon and coconut cake and a chocolate milkshake. I wasn't that impressed with the chocolate milkshake as I didn't find it had much flavour but it was ok, my husband said the same about his banana one but it was good that it came with cream. But the cake was lovely and my husband had the lemon meringue pie twice as it's his favourite and massive. He also said the coffee there was good. The staff are really friendly and take your order when you are seated which I wasn't expecting from a small place and then you go up to the counter and pay at the end. Only slight complaint is that it didn't always seem to be open when we wanted to go back.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

on touring holiday went to Bowness for the day went into this little café it was just the kind of place I like I do not usually drink coffee but it smelt so nice I had one shot the owner is so friendly it is very reasonable priced I do hope more people find it as good as we did. Pity live in Belfast it would one of my favourite cafe's

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We chose this place for lunch not because of a trip Advisor review but because t was full when we looked through the window. We had to wait a moment for a table but it was well worth the wait. the place is small and perhaps will move to larger premises one day. It deserves to if only to share its attitude, food and ambience with more customers.

Run by a mother and daughter team Cafe Latte offers soup and sandwiches, cakes etc. Everything is cooked and prepared on the premises including the butter which they make themselves. I could hardly believe this bit after a pleasant and enthusiastic explanation I see that it is true. The food is brilliant and the presentation excellent. They deserve every success.

Probably not the cheapest place in town but well worth the modest extra. You get what you pay for and that is excellence.

A tiny piece of advice (just so the owners know that nothing is perfect and everything can be improved) is that although the daughter in the team is pleasant, enthusiastic, efficient and almost perfect she does address almost all of her female customers as "darling". This, no doubt is well meant but not too professional.I was addressed as "sir", my wife as "darling".

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Whilst we are regular visitors to Bowness, we usually have lunch at Costa (as you kind of know what you are getting, in such establishments). After searching Trip Advisor, I decided Cafe Latte definitely deserved a visit. We were not disappointed and will most definitely be visiting again!!

This little gem of a cafe is run by 2 very warm, welcoming and friendly ladies, the perfect hostesses. The food was utterly delicious, all lovely, fresh and incredibly tasty. I visited with my husband and two teenage boys, and we had bacon or sausage sandwiches, which were served in lovely fresh rolls, complimented with portions of chips on the side, which again we were delicious.

Next came the difficult bit, choosing what to have for 'afters'!!! Every single one of the cakes looked utterly divine. In the end me and my hubby opted for Raspberry Scone with Jam, Butter and Cream, oh my goodness - highly recommended!! One of the boys had the same, minus the cream, and the other went for Raspberry and White Cake Loaf, which really did look scrumptious, though never got a chance to try it!

The only slight downside to this little cafe is it's size, but if it was any bigger it could very well lose some of it's lovely charm. Keep doing what you are doing ladies, you have a fabulous little business there! :)

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Even though I live in Windermere I didn't even know this place existed until I read the reviews on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that I went to try it today. If something is number one you hope it will live up to expectations - well this place exceeded them.

I visited with my mum and we were lucky enough to grab the last remaining table. The decor is lovely and fresh and the cafe has a cosy cottage-y feel. We were warmly welcomed and then left a short while to peruse the menu.

The food is utterly awesome! I had a brie and bacon sandwich which was accompanied by little pots of cranberry sauce and coleslaw and a side salad mixed with cous cous. The sandwich itself was loaded with bacon and brie. My mum had the ploughman's which she raved about. It consisted of pork pie, cheese, hard boiled egg, salad with cous cous, crisps, two little pots of homemade piccalilli and chutney and the softest white bread roll.

To drink I had a cherry hot chocolate which was absolutely delicious. I am a big fan of Whittards hot chocolate and this is the first time that I have seen it available in a cafe. I had never tried this flavour but it is now a favourite. Such a change from the usual Cadbury's.

The cake counter draws the eye as soon as you walk in and it would have been rude not to sample some of the delights on offer! Choosing was extremely difficult. In the end I had a piece of chocolate victoria sponge which was divine and my mum had lemon meringue. The lemon meringue had come freshly baked from the kitchen and it was a monster! The question was to eat it or climb it?!? The piece she was provided with was very ample. And delicious.

The two ladies in the cafe were friendly, welcoming and downright lovely and I think they have found two new regulars in my mother and I.

I would urge anyone to try this cafe - it is a little gem and having tried almost all the cafes and restaurants in Bowness I can confirm that it deserves it's place at No 1.