“Brilliant take away”

Monsoons Indian restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A lovely cosy restaurant tucked away in a little side street directly opposite Ruskins Inn Pub after the Royalty Cinema offering, Dinner Takeways & Home Delivery Service.DIRECTIONS: Walking up the hill from the lake, 2nd right immediately after the Cinema.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a review for the take away service.
We couldn't find fault with anything! It is the first time we have used Monsoons but a few friends had commented that it is very good, so we decided to give it a try. I usually have two or three dishes that I stick to, but I decided to take a chance on something new so I ordered the Tandoori Special Chicken Tikka Dhansak. It was outstanding! along with that we had 2 portions of Onion bhajis, Chick Pea Pilau rice, Peshwari Naan and Vegetable curry side dish (big enough for my partners main meal) all for £21 which is a very competitive price for Bowness.. We got 2 free poppadoms, raita, mango chutney, mixed salad and onion salad. The food was delivered nice and hot. I would recommend Monsoons to anybody. definitely worth trying out.

monsoons i, Public Relations Manager at Monsoons Indian restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback , we are very pleased by your feedback, hope to see you soon

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I visit Monsoon regular and have never been disappointed, the food is tasty and the service is excellent. Mondays and Tuesdays are a must as there is a special offer the food is exactly the same as the rest of the week. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have visited this small restaurant with my husband while visiting bowness. It was really great experience. I was not really big fan of the Indian cousine but my husband loves it. Although I wasn't really happy about going there at first I quickly change my mind. The staff was extremely helpful and made my dinner the way I really enjoyed it. It was really nice and tastefull and not even extremely spicy as I don't like chillies and I am fussy about creamy and milky dishes. I recommend this restaurant to people who want to have nice dinner with great company.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stumbled across this place, went in, it wasn't busy but the food was fantastic. Friendly staff, and clean. Would definitly go again, don't walk past it!!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Nice food and excellent service give there new restaurant a try lake raj very good with great food
and staff