“Great food in relaxing ambience”
Review of #4 - CLOSED

#4
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Owned by the same family for 30 years - only using local suppliers from within a 5 mile radius including bakers, milkmen, butchers and fishmongers. Even the coffee beans are roasted and blended by a local supplier.Producing traditional home-cooked British fayre including Fish & Chips, Stew & Mash, Burgers, Grilled Meats, Salads, Soups, Toasted Sandwiches, a multitude of Breakfast dishes, plus a selection of Daily Specials.Facilities include high-chairs and a changing station for babies, central heating, newspapers, music, and free Wi-Fi for customers. We are also dog friendly and overtly welcoming to the biking community.Our aim is to provide a relaxing and homely environment for customers, delivering good old-fashioned home cooking at an affordable price but with a passion.We also sell fantastic coffee and great wines - just ask the customers who have been returning to us for each of the 30 years we've been in business.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to grab a bit of food during a trip to Bowness and decided on #4. We were not disappointed. The place looks fresh, clean and very welcoming. The food was fantastic, very tasty and well made. The staff were very friendly and the feel of the place was relaxing, with nice music. We felt relaxed and well fed. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Chris R

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I visited #4 earlier this week after looking around a few shops. The staff were attentive and friendly when we placed our order and the menu was varied whilst also not being too overbearing.

Our meals arrived within good time and were clearly freshly prepared. The portion sizes were excellent - my partner always has a club sandwich if there is one on the menu and he said this was one of the best he had ever had - trust me this is great praise! He also had a piece of the chocolate fudge cake which looked delicious (but I was already stuffed from the main!) which was kindly saved behind the counter earlier on.

A young boy - looked approx 16 - was a credit to #4 - polite and friendly - I hope they realise how lucky they are to have him!

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who visits Windermere for some quality food at a reasonable price in a relaxed setting.

1  Thank ktlrb
Reviewed 31 May 2014

After a disastrous stay in a foul B&B near by, we wandered into town looking for somewhere for breakfast. #4 was just opening but the owner couldn't have been more accommodating and welcoming!! The breakfast menu had something for everyone and the 'breakfast stack' totally hit the spot and was delish!!! The owner chatted but was not obtrusive!!! I would highly recommend a visit here!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

On Thursday the 28th of March, me and a couple of friends went out for breakfast, we decided to go into #4, the food was amazing and the staff were brilliant! The atmosphere was perfect with calming music and a nice, warm feel to the place. It really was the best food I've had and would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Excellent meal very well priced would go again. All local produce and the cake was home made and out of this world just lovely and would go again very impressed