“Beautiful Hotel”

Beechwood Guest House
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Beechwood is a beautiful hotel, very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean bathroom everything you could want. Our 3 night stay was very pleasant, I would recommend this hotel. We will come again next year. Susan & Philip Beckett

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Beechwood s a very lovely guesthouse in a perfect location. We only stayed one night but would loved to have stayed longer. Catherine was very welcoming and helpful and gave us some great advice about lunch and dinner venues. Our room with beautiful with a very comfortable four poster bed and a large ensuite bathroom. After our delicious breakfast we were reluctant to leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank VickiS662
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I chose the Lake District to propose to my now fiancee and we were not disappointed. The location of this place is great, a short walk down to the lake and the main restaurants / shops area. Also a short walk up to Windermere centre too.

The hotel itself has a traditional quality which my fiancee loved. We stayed in the four-poster room and it was luxurious. On day 2 we came back to the hotel to find fresh towels and our room had been made! Exceptional service. In addition to this, the owners helped me with my proposal arrangements and could not have been more accommodating. It was definitely a trip to remember made all the more memorable by the accommodating nature of the owners.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking to visit the Lakes.

Room Tip: The four poster room is room 4. Room 4 means you sit at table 4 in the breakfast room. This is the b...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank x-Prezza-x
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed for two nights in the small double room with separate bathroom. I wish we had booked one of the en-suite rooms as we found the room very small and also due to a medical condition that developed when I was away I did find the separate bathroom to be very inconvenient, especially in the middle of the night. It was my choice however to book the room and Beechwood Guest House makes it very clear that the bathroom is on another floor so this was not their fault. Having seen 2 other rooms being cleaned when the doors were open I think that those rooms are worth the extra but my room was overpriced compared to others I have stayed in around the same area. For those annoying night time trips to the bathroom, or times when you will be coming out of the shower and down to your room, slippers and bathrobes are provided.
The separate bathroom was spotless and amenities are very good. The bathroom looks as if it was fitted yesterday, it is so clean. Only two towels are supplied which was not enough for me as I need one just for my long hair. Spare toilet rolls, shower cap, shower gel, shampoo, cotton buds, soap etc is supplied.
In the room, the bed is nicely presented and tea, coffee and hot chocolate is supplied, along with one set of 2 biscuits and 2 mint chocolates. There is a small TV and the kettle is not cordless so you will need to take the kettle upstairs with the lead attached.
The lounge is lovely. The dining room is small and unfortunately the smallest room also has the table in the middle of the room. Breakfast time is very limited - 8.30am to 9.15am. Service at breakfast is quick, polite and friendly and the choice is very good. Great fresh fruit salad (grapes, melon, strawberries, kiwi), grapefruit segments, cereals, Ski yoghurts, 3 types of cold fruit juices to drink. We chose coffee to drink which was served in a cafetiere and was not at all bitter or harsh. On the first day we had the full English breakfast. It is clear that quality ingredients are being used, the bacon and sausage were very nice and the egg fried perfectly.
White and brown toast, lakeland butter and preserves are supplied and you will be offered extra toast. On day two we had the lighter breakfast which consisted of scrambled eggs and a slice of bacon and half a muffin.
There is enough car parking either on the Guesthouse property itself or directly in front of it on a side road and it is placed well for a walk into Bowness.

Room Tip: Not room 3, get en suite room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Innyperson
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Me and my partner have just stayed there for the Monday and Tuesday and i must say it was the nicest place i have stayed , the room was beautiful and spotless , the hosts were very accomodating and couldn't be more helpful ( even borrowing us an umbrella , it doesnt rain in the lakes ) the breakfast was fantastic and it was 5 minutes walk from the lake itself , couldn't have asked for a better break.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles A
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed at the Beechwood for two nights this weekend and was blown away by every aspect of the stay. The building is beautiful and spotlessly clean. The hosts are friendly and welcoming. The beds were so comfortable, the rooms had everything needed for a home from home stay and the breakfast was second to none. If you read my reviews you will see that I have very high standards, expect value for money and very rarely stay at the same guest house twice. However, this may have been our first stay at the Beechwood but it will definitely not be our last! We wish Catherine and her family all the best in this lovely guest house and hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AuntieShirley
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We have just returned from our fifth stay at the Beechwood. Every time we go, everything is outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble, there is a real personal touch and interest in you as a person. The rooms are superb with everything you could ever need. Breakfast is lovely. This visit was a gift for my birthday...the personalised approach taken by Catherine and team shines through in every detail. The gift voucher was also personalised and meant a lot. Location is ideal for exploring the South Lakes...in fact if you want a few days car free, this is definitely the place to stay with excellent links to many places. I cannot recommend the Beechwood enough and look forward to returning again very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, but Catherine and team will certainly make sure you get the best room for y...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank garypykitt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowness-on-Windermere
Windermere Hydro Hotel
Windermere Hydro Hotel
#13 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
#3 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Ryebeck
The Ryebeck
#4 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Beechwood Guest House? Share your experiences!