“Good curry house”

Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Shahib's tripadvisor page. We are a bespoke Indian & Bangladeshi restaurant, our style of cooking is that of Bangladeshi/ Indian homemade feel. We use the freshest spices and herbs along with the tenderest meats to create our unique, fresh and bespoke dishes. We are situated upstairs above the arcade in the heart of Bowness on Windermere. Perfect view of the much appreciated picturesque town center . We can cater for large parties as we have a seperate dining room aswell as our main dining area for 60 covers, be it 8, 10 or 30. We can accomadate without a problem. Our seating arrangements give ample space for customers not tight fit or cramped. Aswell as dining in we offer a takeout service with 30% off total bill.
Dorset, United Kingdom
“Good curry house”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Enjoyed being able to sit in the upstairs window and look down at the people wandering up and down the main street in the rain. Starter and mains were very good and plentiful. Draught Cobra was good value. Service was quite quick, so not a place to sit and dawdle, but overall very enjoyable.

Visited May 2014

Denver, CO
“Clean, friendly and delicious!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We ate at Shahib's twice during our four-day camping trip in The Lakes. The service was friendly but a little slow; they seem to work with minimal front end staff. The food was the best Indian food I've ever had in England! Bold statement, I know, but it's true.

Starters: The chicken chaat is fantastic. Spice level is great and the fried bread is a lovely accompaniment. The onion bahjis were okay; the serving is two largish pieces that can be shared and they aren't greasy. I don't like lamb, but I'm told the lamb kebobs are good. The garlic chicken starter was delicious, and just the right size!

Mains: I got the chicken tikka jalfrezi both times and was very happy both times. I love the fresh chillies! Otherwise, the sauce would have been too mild for me. I'm told the lamb tikka is a bit tough, but the regular lamb is nice and tender, so if that's a deal breaker for you, get regular lamb in your curry. The fish looked amazing, but unfortunately our friend didn't share--he reports the experience positively and with gusto. Portion sizes were generous and I had leftovers one night. The rice selection is AMAZING! Definitely try the egg pilau and the lemon pilau!! The naan bread was a little too dough-y for me, but some people will like that.

Drinks: The beer selection is okay; Cobra on tap and in bottles, Magner's cider in bottles. The wine selection is bare minimum with a choice of white or red, both very mild.

Negatives: You have to pay for poppadums and chutney. Rice isn't included with main dishes. Service will be a little slow if it's busy.

Other pros: They accept credit cards without chip and pin. Hooray for us foreigners! They are open late until 11:15pm every night. Atmosphere is great, whether it's crowded with families or mellow and quiet, and the view of the town center is lovely from the second level of the building.

Altogether, I am a huge fan. I will definitely be back.

London
“Don't do it...very disappointing....”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

1: service is very poor
2: very rude service
3: waiters have no manners
4: value for money is not worth it...

We ordered food where we were not given plates even after asking for them. Asked for water which never came. Popodoms came after the food was done...waiters were not bothered why we left....
Would not recommend it... Try mela instead...much more friendly enviroment..

5 Thank Juliejuls17
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Quality food in a lovely atmosphere...”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Shahib's is run by a father and son team and they really look after you. 'Jack' the son is a wonderful host and his father is lovely too, both are fun and very hospitable. The quality of the food is excellent and we have never been disappointed on our visits. The décor and furnishings are clean and smart, and a window table will give you a pleasant overhead outlook onto the main street in Bowness. It really is a 'gem' and we will be back again soon. Eddie & Vikki visited 15/05/2014

Visited May 2014
2 Thank E7Eddie
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Generally food nice and friendly service. Quantities for main course were good for both of us but my starter was very poor - Chef Special which contained only 2 king prawns (size of a two pence piece) and a whole load of vegetables. When I pointed this out, I was told by the waiter that was the correct number for that dish! Definitely NOT good value for money. In fairness to them, they knocked a couple of pounds off the bill but added the cost of a nan that was supposed to come as part of my partners meal which we had to get them to correct. So overall a disappointing experience and hence my final mark. It doesn't matter how good the food is, if the service is poor it overrides the whole experience. Perhaps we were unlucky but we wont be back.

1 Thank OxfordGirlUK