“Lovely Indian food in the heart of the Lake District. ”
Review of Shahib's

Shahib's
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: View details, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Shahib's tripadvisor page. We are a bespoke Indian & Bangladeshi restaurant, our style of cooking is that of Bangladeshi/ Indian homemade feel. We use the freshest spices and herbs along with the tenderest meats to create our unique, fresh and bespoke dishes. We are situated upstairs above the arcade in the heart of Bowness on Windermere. Perfect view of the much appreciated picturesque town center . We can cater for large parties as we have a seperate dining room aswell as our main dining area for 60 covers, be it 8, 10 or 30. We can accomadate without a problem. Our seating arrangements give ample space for customers not tight fit or cramped. Aswell as dining in we offer a takeout service with 30% off total bill.
Reviewed 27 September 2019 via mobile

We were made welcome by a member of staff who showed us to our table and took our drinks order. Shahib’s has a extensive menu with unusual interesting choices.
Lovely food, well presented, in comfortable surroundings and a decent price.
We have eaten Indian food in many locations around the country and all the Resteraunt in this area, this is the best Indian food in in Bowness and Windermere.

3  Thank trevort249
Write a reviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed 24 September 2019

They refused to deliver to a holiday let despite us being close by. So we patronised Lake Raj instead and we definitely were not disappointed.

1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

Visited on 17th Sept. Had a fantastic prawn starter with prawns and really good chillies and one of the menu specials as a main course. The main had a lovely smokey flavour with the meats cooked in the clay oven. I have eaten many, many curries over the years with this one being in the top three. Service was prompt, polite and very professional. Thoroughly recommended.

2  Thank jjg394
Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

Today I myself and my family visited this restaurant name Shahib's Indian Restaurant and Takeaway, Crag Brow, Bowness-in-Windermere, England. When we enter the restaurant we face a staff of the restaurant his name was Jakir he asked my wife to see the notice outside before enter where it is written that people who want to eat they should spend atleast for £10. My wife felt so embarrassed about this manner that she replied the man we are 6 people it will be more than even £80. But anyway he was so rude to my wife and refused to serve. Later I myself request to the man as my mother come up using stairs and he agreed with so unhappy. We entered seated and waiting for someone to take the order. But all staff are busy with something else instead of taking order from us. Actually they just try to insulted us by not taking order. Later we came out from the shop and go another Indian restaurant nearby. I was so upset about the people's behave. Instead of welcome us he rudely asked us to read the notice outside. I came to know from the other restaurant that this is not only with us they do same behave with others.
My question if they do the same behave with customers how they have been treated a good restaurant. Of course not. They should do some minimum respect with the people. I will tell here this restaurant should be avoided by the tourist and local people of Windermere. Their staff are so rude. When we are leaving the restaurant one of the guy was shouting with us. They do no know manner and behave. I Hope before you consider to eat something in this restaurant name Shahib's Indian Restaurant and Takeaway in Crag Brow, Bowness-in-Windermere, England think twice that you might be faced the same insulation by the rude staff of the restaurant. Thanks

4  Thank mainu72
Reviewed 15 September 2019

Lovely staff very polite and welcoming, food was excellent with very little wait time, would highly recommend to anyone.