“Fabulous fabulous birthday weekend at Laurel Cottage”
Review of Laurel Cottage B&B

and 1 more site!
Laurel Cottage B&B
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous fabulous birthday weekend at Laurel Cottage”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Having just spent 2 nights at Laurel cottage for my birthday with my husband and friends I wanted to write a review Having never been to the Lakes before I was unsure where to stay so after stumbling upon Laurel cottage I decided to book a few nights away. All I can say is thank goodness I did and what a find. If, like me, you're not sure where to stay then let me suggest here. The cottage is unbelievably well located, right in the heart and centre of everything. The room we had was at the front of the cottage, spacious and really lovely. Sadly the owner Jason was away for the weekend but the team looking after it for him where friendly and helpful, making us feel very welcome with nothing being too much trouble. Would I stay there again? Definitely. So if your looking for a wonderful break away then let me suggest Laurel Cottage, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank TessaD7

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
North West England
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed with Jason and Tui in September and forget to let Trip Advisor know it was so good!. We had been somewhere else where I was terribly cold, having been in hospital 4 weeks earlier. Jason went out of his way to make sure I was warm and looked after us so well. We had 5 very comfortable nights and will be sure to return as soon as possible! It is good to know of such a great place to stay, and what a lovely breakfast he prepares.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank juneallyson
Skelmersdale, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Came for a weekend break with my husband. jason greeted us on arrival what a friendly warm welcome , fab room , plenty of everything great location . Excellent breakfasts especially the fruit compote yum. The whole team are great we felt like we had known them for years cant wait to go back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank looyates
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have just returned from spending 2 nights here. Jason made us feel completely at home right from the start. The location is great, just a few steps from shops and a 2 minute stroll down to the lake. Breakfast is superb, and sets you up for the day ahead. The room was tastefully decorated and the whole cottage is full of character and charm. We really did feel at home here and have re-booked for December. All in all a first class experience, just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roger S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I absolutely loved our stay here, Have to say Jason, his wife and their team made our stay wonderful and my 30th birthday that more special :)
Service was excellent and we were greeted by smiles and a warm welcoming.
We had not one thing to fault. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kerrymit
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Simply cannot fault the accommodation, staff, host or service. Everything is set in place to ensure a most pleasant and restful stay. Our group of 4 middle aged couples each had a room with its own distinct decor & character. There is an immediate sense of 'home' where you are made to feel like a visiting family member rather than a paying guest. Many thanks to Jason, his wife and all staff for a most enjoyable stay. Only downside was the restaurant had recently closed (we understand for referb), and so we could not sample the excellent cuisine others have previously commented on (breakfast was outstanding) However, plenty of eating establishments within 5 mins walk, so don't let this put you off. Location is also perfect, set right in the heart of this lovely town. Most excellent weekend, reflected in our high ratings.

Room Tip: Rooms quite warm although no heating on that we could see. Perfect for my wife, just too warm for my...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paul W
jasonandyui, Owner at Laurel Cottage B&B, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you so much,, what an amazing review, and to have one from 8 people in one here is amazing..
I hope others read this and see just how genuine people leave genuine reviews, unlike the one below this!!
We are so happy you all enjoyed and it was a pleasure having you all stay with us..
Thanks so much
Jason, Yui and the Team
Wales
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here between 12th-14th September and can not fault it in anyway. Spotlessly clean, lovely rooms and the staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough to welcome us. The owner (Jason) came to greet us and we felt right at home.

On the Friday night (13th) the restaurant had its relaunch night and we were lucky enough to get a table. The staff told us that chef had been trained by Marco Pierre White so we had high expectations!!! We weren't disappointed -- I had melt in the mouth scallops as a starter and delicious dover sole for main. I was too stuffed for dessert but I saw other diners eating beautiful cakes and puddings and they seemed to be enjoying them! :-)

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Laurel Cottage next time we're in the Lakes and I'd 150% recommend "L'Escargot Restaurant" if you want an exceptional, romantic and fairly priced meal.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank louise247
jasonandyui, Owner at Laurel Cottage B&B, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hi there,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and taking the time to write it. We do apreciate it very much and are all so happy you enjoyed. We are also happy your dinner was such a great experience and do hope you come try us again when we re-open for Valentines after taking our down time over winter with the restaurant and re-roofing laurel cottage.
Sincere thanks