“Lovely new restaurant!”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Thai, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Having visited Bowness a few times before, it was nice to see some new places opening this time around. We left finding a place to eat a bit late, but we telephoned 80 days and they helpfully squeezed us in for a reservation. The menu was lovely, food from all around the world and very interesting flavours too. The food was really well presented, and was absolutely delicious. The staff were really helpful, and very knowledgeable about the menu also. After our meal we moved to a table outside for some cocktails, the cocktail menu was really lovely, and the outside seating area was heated. The staff even provided us with a pack of cards to entertain ourselves after dinner. All in all a really lovely place to eat and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere different to try. A really refreshing addition to Bowness!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

my partner and i arrived here on monday evening for our 1 year anniversary. I had organised this a month in advanced and asked for a romantic table, the staff went above and beyond to make this a special evening for us, we had rose petals on the table, candles and a private section. the staff were very friendly and complimentary and the food was beautiful. we ahd an amazing anniversary so thank you xx

Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you read any negatives about this restaurant just ignor them, just very picky people who just want to rant.
We had a fantastic meal here and the food was amazing, they fitted us in at last moment and was very pleased they did, food was well presented and served hot, good varied choice and i must say they all worked hard to make the evening for my partner and myself. We will definatley be revisting this place again. A++++++

Reviewed 8 June 2014

So lovely! Hubby is a VERY picky eater and they were more than happy to accommodate us. Beautiful food, and the finishing touches to the dishes and overall presentation set this establishment high above the rest.

1  Thank CarolineJ
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ate here with my husband while on holiday in April. Had high expectations due to all the positive reviews but was horribly disappointed.
Menu is very short supplemented by "specials" (which is fine) but 2 of the starters were not available (Friday night) nor was one of the mains. Decided not to have starters as we had wanted scallops which were not available. My husband had lamb which he said was fine but nothing special and nothing that he had not had at home. My pork was really poor. Was not fillet as on the menu but a chop which was tasteless and the accompanying sauce was so thin it was actually a gravy - tasted ok. Potatoes were cold and soggy deep fried cubes (cant remember what they were billed as). Vegetables were really nice - fresh and "crunchy" just as they should be. Decided not to have a pudding - went to the coop and bought a Gu desert to take home to eat later as was not convinced this restaurants offerings would be any better.

Husband had a beer (on the expensive side for what it was) and I had a glass of the house white wine - came warm and was definitely overpriced.

Service was haphazard and desultory - waitress was very young and certainly didn't know much about the menu. I felt she had not had quality training as to expectations for service which was a shame as she was pleasant. Both waitresses had long hair hanging loose - I don't like this as it always ends up in the food! Long hair should be up or tied back. Personal issue I know!Long wait for food.
Restaurant is not comfortable - at least only some of its tables are. Our table was fairly close to the open kitchen in what was really the vestibule and a gale force wind blew in when the door opened. Also chefs shouting "Service" every time they put a dish on the counter was really off putting.

We felt we had wasted an evening here - my fault as I insisted on going as I am keen to support and try new places. We holiday in the Lake District at least once every year (walkers!) and have eaten in many fine places. On this performance we couldn't recommend and would not go back - there are so many better places in the area.

4  Thank avrilritchie