First of all, apologies as this review is several months late! I don't really know why I didn't do this sooner as we absolutely loved this little place.
- The hosts were warm and attentive, without being over the top.
- Fresh milk provided for the fridge in your room, daily
- The breakfast is all freshly cooked to order
- Location is perfect! Not far from the water's edge
- Close to shops & restaurants/bars without being noisy
- Our room was spacious with a view of the lake
The only downfall really would be if anyone had mobility problems as the car park for the hotel is located at the rear and is quite a walk uphill/downhill. However, I don't think the Lake District would really be the best place for anyone with mobility problems anyway because it is very hilly in parts. Although this may seem an obvious thing to say, it's surprising what people moan about on these reviews!!
In terms of location, Bowness-on-Windermere is beautiful and our favourite place in the Lake District. It's a really great location to explore from as all the popular areas (Ambleside, Windermere, Kendal etc) are easy to get to from here.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking