All reviewsperfect hostssitting arearecommend this b b to anyonecar parkbiscuitsrooms are cleantea and coffeebed and breakfasttop floorfeel very welcomecooked to perfectionfriendly hostswarm welcomeperfect locationlong weekendcooked breakfastlake
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We have stayed at Lake View before and already know that it will be our base whenever we visit Bowness in the future. I would (and have done) recommend this B&B to others. The rooms are very large, and come with a fridge - so useful, especially if you're staying for a longer period. The B&B couldn't be more central either which is great. To cut what could be a long review short, the Lake View ticks every box; from breakfasts to price and everything in between. The best bit of all though are the hosts, who are incredibly kind, accommodating, friendly and genuinely nice folk - all that you could ask for in B&B hosts. Thank you for another lovely stay and we'll be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time at Lake View. Dave and Manny are very welcoming, helpful and accommodationg hosts who make every effort to ensure that their guests are well catered for and enjoy their stay (as we certainly did). Manny's breakfasts are well prepared, tasty and nourishing. Our room was very spacious, well presented, tastefully furnished and clean. The location is the ideal base for exploring the town and for drives through the Lake District. We highly recommend Lake View for a relaxing and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2010

My wife and I stay with Dave and Manny two or three times a year for short breaks, each time we are treated with excellent service and good wholesome breakfasts.
Dave and Manny are the perfect hosts and nothing is too much trouble, you only need to ask. Can't recommend the B&B, Dave and Manny enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My wife and I took my elderly mother in law for a week away in the Lake District and Manny and Dave couldn't have been nicer to all of us especially to my mum in law. They had fantastic local knowledge, the breakfast was the best I have ever tasted in years of staying at numerous B&B's around the country and absoloutely nothing was too much trouble for them. The B&B has a very relaxed atmosphere with lovely large rooms with comfy beds and certainly puts some bigger hotels that I have stayed in to shame. God willing, we hope to return to visit the lakes next year and will deffinately stay at The Lakeview Guest House again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

From the first email response, I was comfortable that I'd picked a good place. As has been stated many times previously on these pages, you will be well looked after by the very friendly Dave & Manny. We had Room 4 for 7 nights. This is a good size room (made into a triple for us with a camp bed) with its own small sitting room. Plenty of storage. The bedroom looks out on to the bustling street which we didn't find noisy at all and is opposite the oldest building in Bowness (built in 1604 I think). The sitting room has oblique views across roof tops to the lake and hills beyond. There's a large parking lot right outside the window which is where you can park if you arrive by car. It's a short walk up the street and back down the lane to get there. When you arrive, Dave & Manny will bring your gear up for you while you park outside on the double yellows.

The large beds are SO comfortable as are the pillows which is a real treat. Even the camp bed was comfy according to our teenager. One of the best things is the reading lights above the beds - so few hosts think of this and we prefer to read than watch TV.

There's a small fridge and fresh milk is provided with the tea/coffee making facility. There's a TV in the bedroom and another with DVD player in the sitting area. Rooms are kept immaculate; we were out all day every day and I think Dave & Manny must have spent most of the day cleaning our room. I'm pretty sure it got vacuumed, dusted & tidied daily. The towels were changed about every 3 nights. We looked forward to finding our little daily treat when we came back from exploring.

The shower was the best we had on our UK trip - you could even turn around in it which was a bonus. This was also cleaned every day.

We couldn't always access the internet in the room and sometimes sat on the stairs to get a reception. There is a 'no smoking in rooms' policy but we could often smell cigarette smoke wafting up which might irritate some people.

Now to the breakfast. As there are only 4 rooms, the dining room doesn't get too crowded and you'll get served in the order of arrival. Breakfast is only available from 8.30-9.00am which suited us fine but if you wanted to go walking at the crack of dawn or sleep in, I suppose it could be an issue. On the other hand, if you asked in advance, I expect Dave & Manny would happily accommodate you. It's self-serve cereal and juice, then eggs made to order along with mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes, toast, beans and I've probably left something out. If you try and omit something, Dave will just talk you into it again so be prepared for a BIG breakfast. Some guests were chatty, others kept to themselves but the dining room is small enough that you can compare notes with your neighbours should you wish. Vegetarians and kipper-eaters are catered for. Oh yes, I have forgotten the bacon and sausages. All locally produced fare apparently.

I'm not sure about the 'Coffee Shop' part of its name. I didn't notice it being open other than for breakfast but, then again, we weren't there much after breakfast and I never had occasion to ask.

It rained every single day of our stay but we had a good time in spite of it. Well, I hope that gives you a fair & accurate assessment of our experience. Dave and Manny are the friendliest hosts you could expect to meet and spent plenty of time chatting to us after our days out exploring the beautiful scenery of Cumbria. One evening we were invited to join them for a beer and had a good chat. I think it's true to say that we arrived as guests and left as friends and I have no hesitation in recommending this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family