Its a nice house, the room was clean and tidy and a very good newly fitted out bathroom. We only ever spoke to the owners over the phone and through the intercom which felt a bit impersonal but not really a complaint as they sounded friendly enough. There was a problem with the payment through booking.com and also with their card machine (it wasn't a lack of funds on my behalf!). Anyway we had to take cash which I didn't mind but I'm used to paying once I check out, not before I've even stayed or seen the room; I can only assume that they have suffered with 'runners' in the past! The breakfast was average (I didn't think much of the sausages) but the staff were very friendly and very helpful offering extra tea, coffee, toast etc which is nice because its surprising how many places don't! Good value for what we paid, didn't exceed any expectations but in a good location and the free parking space is also a plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional and comfortable "adult only" Guest House with character features. Superior rooms have power showers and superior pocket sprung with memory foam beds with a choice of 5' King or 6' Super King beds. We also have saver doubles and kings for those travelling on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Eastbourne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastbourne Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Eastbourne Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District