I paid extra to have a late cancellation on this. When I tried to cancel I was told I was too late & the full balance wd be deducted whether I came or not.
So when we did arrive & spoke to owner via intercom he said "Oh yes, we've been exchanging emails, I've upgraded you to a king size room to keep you.....er....happy". Nice customer skills.
Then the intercom cut out before he buzzed us in & we had to wait another few minutes for him to answer as he got "distracted by another phone call".
We were extremely disappointed with our 'upgrade' as it was much smaller than any of the rooms shown online & didn't have the sofa as stated is in every room. Instead it was very small, with a dressing table so close to the bed that the stool couldn't be used. There's was one window high up on the wall & like a reboots reviewer said, there's a scurrying/rattling noise from the roof.
I had arranged beforehand for gluten free breakfast. This consisted of one sausage instead of the two which everyone else received. I was also given 2 slices of gluten free toast which would have been nice had there not been a hair on it both days.
The ladies who served meals & cleaned seemed nice enough and a positive aspect of our stay was they allowed us to leave our luggage there on our last day. Another positive aspect was the location, close to restaurants & the cinema which does a meal & movie deal which is worthwhile.
Our room was also quite clean & the bathroom looked quite new, but the stairways had shelves along them which were thick with dust.
On our last day we caught a glimpse of the other rooms - spacious, beautifully decorated with leather 2 sweaters & large windows with nice views.
Upgraded? My foot!
Would I recommend it? No.
Will I be back? No.
We plan to return to Bowness again soon, but have chosen an alternative accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional and comfortable "adult only" Guest House with character features. Superior rooms have power showers and superior pocket sprung with memory foam beds with a choice of 5' King or 6' Super King beds. We also have saver doubles and kings for those travelling on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Eastbourne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastbourne Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Eastbourne Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District