When we first arrived the manager welcomed us via the intercom and the room was satisfactory.The problem was the staff at breakfast. There was very much a feeling of Fawlty Towers to it all.On arrival we were abruptly told by the breakfast staff to sit down at a table with another couple.When my girlfriend asked if we could sit at a free table by the window the staff started speaking to each other in a foreign language.They refused to allow us to have our own table (probably because they couldnt be bothered moving a few plates that were left there) and the whole dining room looked at us which was very awkward.The breakfast room had the atmosphere of a school canteen as everybody sat there quietly looking shocked by the rudeness off the staff. This didnt ruin the trip-Bowness is a lovely place but I wont stay here again and there are lots of places to stay.As I stated the owner seemed nice enough but he really needs to take a look at his incompetent staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional and comfortable "adult only" Guest House with character features. Superior rooms have power showers and superior pocket sprung with memory foam beds with a choice of 5' King or 6' Super King beds. We also have saver doubles and kings for those travelling on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Eastbourne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastbourne Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Eastbourne Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District