Arrived later than expected due to a bad accident on the road into Bowness so had to find an alternative route which mad us later that expected as you have to check in before 6.00 pm !! there is an intercom in the porch but after about 10 minutes of trying to get someone to answer the door we rang the mobile number on the notice in the porch and the owner said his wife would walk round and let us in... I got the impression that she was not happy about this and thought we hadn't done the intercom correctly however after she made several attempts to get the housekeeper to answer the door she eventually used her keys to let us in.. I just felt that we were an inconvenience to her ... bit like a naughty kid !!! Room was a reasonable size but not huge,, I had booked the Large King Size room at £205 for 2 nights the bed was very comfortable but the extra large shower wasn't very large!!! quite a small bathroom but adequate and clean... Curtains were very thin and let the light in ... Settee TV etc and Kettle... also a coffee maker but no capsules for it !!! no bedside table or shelves so no where to put your book, glasses, phone etc not the end of the world but inconvenient... breakfast was 8.45 - 9.30 but my son was doing the Great North Swim and we had to be at the ferry terminal for 8.30 so not very good but as the breakfast room was open we managed to get a bowl of cereal each We did manage to have breakfast on the Sunday morning but I cant say I was very impressed with it. Rooms have to be vacated by 10.00 am and whilst this is about the same as everywhere else I felt that if we were not out of our room on the dot it would have been made clear to us that we should be on our way ... Nice decor but not exceptional and no warmth or welcome would be my summing up !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional and comfortable "adult only" Guest House with character features. Superior rooms have power showers and superior pocket sprung with memory foam beds with a choice of 5' King or 6' Super King beds. We also have saver doubles and kings for those travelling on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Eastbourne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastbourne Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Eastbourne Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District