I agree with review re 'rude hosts' - we stayed at The Eastbourne for 2 nights just before Christmas 09' and found Marina to be very highly strung and quite rude. We were aware that Martin was ill so couldn't help her but to be asked what we wanted for breakfast before we had even booked in seemed a bit out of order. When we asked what the choice was she told us the menu was in the welcome pack in the bedroom, which we hadn't even been up to yet! She seemed 'put out' when we told her we would have to look at this before we decided and she told us she would need to know what we wanted on both mornings as soon as possible.
The morning we booked out, a lady who was helping out in the kitchen told us we would have to wait to book out as Marina was busy and she wasn't able to do this for us. I told the lady we were in a rush and heard Marina shout that we would have to come back later. When I told the lady that we had paid the bill already and there was nothing else to pay, Marina shouted that we should just go then!!! I won't be going back to this rather unfriendly guest house and wouldn't recommend it to friends either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional and comfortable "adult only" Guest House with character features. Superior rooms have power showers and superior pocket sprung with memory foam beds with a choice of 5' King or 6' Super King beds. We also have saver doubles and kings for those travelling on a budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Eastbourne Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastbourne Guest House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Eastbourne Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District