“Good place to stay - wifi coverage could be better” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Hall Bank

and 1 more site!
New Hall Bank
England
“Good place to stay - wifi coverage could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed for two nights. Is a nice bnb. Would definitely recommend it. For anyone with an interest in always being connected though the wifi is limited to various places downstairs so try and get a room downstairs! Break lie really good and no problem asking for anything extra.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
weemeeCumbria, Owner at New Hall Bank, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
thank you for your comments we are sorry that you felt your wifi connection an issue during your stay but would like to point out that we do not state that wifi is available in bedrooms but available in the public area which is the residents lounge and it is a service we offer for free there is no charge for wifi it is totally complimentary however if we where asking you to pay then we would understand your point the wifi signal is from my own router and Im happy to share my password with guests if they ask - we are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and do hope that you choose to return

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed at the New Hall Bank on the 16/5/14 and we received a very warm welcome from the owners.We were showed to our room by Doug and he explained where everything was.

The room was very clean with a view of the lake and a nice seating area.
Breakfast was lovely,fresh fruit and a great full english breakfast.

I cannot find fault with anything it was a lovely 2 night stay and we will definately be returning in the near future thanks RIck and Denise x

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rick l
weemeeCumbria, Owner at New Hall Bank, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hi Guys it was our pleasure to welcome you and a pleasure to meet you both - we are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay and we look forward to your returning visit kind regards
south yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed over Easter and had a great 4 days. As ever Doug and Ivy were excellent hosts with a warm welcome and a clean room.We had a lake view room with an en-suite and as ever a great breakfast with lots of choice. We would recommend this guest house as it has a central location with a car park and is always warm and clean. As an added bonus the weather was sunny and dry. Five stars from us.

weemeeCumbria, Owner at New Hall Bank, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
We are so pleased that you choose to stay with us when you visit the Lakes and its nice to hear that you had no complaints regarding your room/room facilities/cleanliness/hospitality or even us for that matter - Thank you guys for your feedback and we look forward to your return at a future time
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights over Easter weekend. A very well run hotel and a warm welcome. Excellent location with parking. A spotless room number 2 with lake view and a good breakfast. Lots of guides and tourist information in reception, Ivy and Doug very attentive. The stay was so good already booked again to return in May. My thanks to Ivy and Doug

weemeeCumbria, Owner at New Hall Bank, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Many thanks for your honest feedback regarding your stay and we are looking forward to your return visit at a future date - great to have feedback that doesn't make an issue over the size/type of bathroom in a couple of our rooms and that you like many of our returning guests place more emphasis on everything else we offer e.g. a warm welcome, friendly hospitality, good breakfasts, and clean and comfortable rooms and lets face it, if the most important thing during ones stay is the size of the en-suite facility in a room you must be one pretty sad person who obviously cant see the bigger picture
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here over Easter for 4 nights and were really disappointed with the accommodation. On the journey up we got stuff in traffic and were slightly later than we thought, we arrived at 9.05pm and I'd already had a text from Ivy at 9.02pm asking me what time I'd be there as I did not state at the time of booking that we'd be so late- not exactly welcoming or a good first impression from our hostess after a 4.5 hr drive! The room was ok (Room 5) but the bathroom was absolutely ridiculous. If you imagine a toilet on a plane with a shower head in it, that pretty much describes our ensuite. It was a tiny plastic capsule in the corner of the room and the most cramped ensuite I've ever seen I've ever been in. The room was clean and had a view of the lake, but only if you stood by the window. The TV was smaller than my iPad, so really not worth having! The breakfast was below average quality and when I asked for poached eggs they'd been microwaved to a plastic consistency and were inedible. We decided to go out for breakfast for 2 mornings as neither of us are fans of Asda value sausages. Overall we couldn't wait to get home, which is not really what we we hoping for from an Easter break. At £98 a night, this accommodation is highly over priced and over rated, I seriously cannot see why anyone would rate this accommodation as excellent. When we checked out we weren't asked if we'd had a nice stay, my boyfriend complained about our room and was told that the people running it only rent so they can't do anything about the rooms. No apology, nothing. The only positive is the location.

Room Tip: Don't choose Room 5!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SPS2704
weemeeCumbria, Owner at New Hall Bank, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
From the outset we knew that any feedback from you would be negative as you clearly messed up your booking from the very start and were miffed that we could not fulfil your request - you booked via booking.com and not me directly so you chose your own room type then mailed later me to tell me your boyfriend had also booked somewhere else for the same dates and as his accommodation was non refundable could you cancel with me without paying my cancelation charges. I replied the as per the booking terms you could cancel the booking but that the cancelation charge would stand you then asked if as you were paying the cancelation fee could you just stay the one night over Easter again it was pointed out that stays are for a minimum of 3 nights which was clearly stated on the booking site however I did say I would allow you to stay for two nights then after much delaying in replying you eventually told me that the booking would be taken up by you your boyfriend had managed to cancel the other booking - I had no further contact from until your arrival date when yes I sent a text to ask if you could let me have an ETA has you had not given me one earlier and our latest check in time is 9pm unless prior times are prearranged - we understand that traffic can be very congested on bank holiday weekends and so expected a later arrival from you given where you where travelling from however may it not have been good manners to have just dropped a text with a ETA? Re the en- suite in your room that which you call a capsule - the same en-suite type is in one of our family 4 rooms and having just had a glowing report form that family and no complaint re. any problem in using the En-suite I think you over react but then this is what we expected - just because the en-suite is a little different to what you may consider the norm does not make it a bad thing. I feel quite insulted by some of your comments, our tariff is in line with our competitors as for your comment re. the lake view from the room, well yes one normally has to go to the window to see the view I guess its quite difficult otherwise and regarding your comments on breakfast all my produce is sourced from local suppliers and just for the record I do not use asda value sausages but my strawberries are from asda admittedly and jolly nice they are too - we really never expected to get any good or positive feedback from you regarding your visit and fully anticipated that you would compile a review of the type you have in fact we had bets on just how many negative things in your opinion you would list and I have to say we covered almost all -
Vettre, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one whole week in March 2013 (Room 12). This year we came back for five days with a couple of friends 14th -19th March. We put then in Room 12 this time. This room is not en-suite but has its own private facilities on the landing and we consider it to have the best Lakeside view of all. We stayed in Room 10. Well after a total of 12 nights we can only say "Absolutely Fabulous". Friendly, Central but quiet, very clean, great Breakfast and one can come and go as one pleases without feeling one is under scrutiny. Nothing to complain about, (which I admit is a bit irritating but we will get over it). Many thanks.
Kindest Regards
Alastair and Synnoeve Mackenzie, Vettre, Norway

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NorwayAlastair
weemeeCumbria, Owner at New Hall Bank, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
we thank you for you lovely review and your good company we hope to see you again at a future date and time - take care until the next time
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

our second stay for myself and partner lisa as good as last time super room great view great breki and excellent onsite parking. be back again next year.top hotel top location and superb hosts doug and ivy.

weemeeCumbria, Owner at New Hall Bank, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
we are so pleased that your stay was all you had hoped for and we thank you for your feedback we look forward to welcoming you back at a future date