We arrived here ahead of a 3 day break having not been to the lakes for a number of years. First impressions were excellent, good parking facilities unlike some other b&bs. We arrived earlier than we had stated and decided to knock and check it was ok to leave car and return later to check in. was greeted by Ivy who was very friendly and helpful. Our room was ready so was able to check in. All decor was immaculate, clean and well looked after. Room was great, plenty of room, normal facilities, iron, ironing board, tv, en suite. Everything was well maintained, an obvious sense of pride in their home! Breakfasts were fabulous, good choice and flexibility of foods. Again, dining room was immaculate with great views of the lake. Very near the main attractions, "the stags head" is well recommended for evening meals, just a stones throw from the accomodation. All in all a fabulous time... Doug and Ivy are fantastic hosts and take great pride in their home. Friendly, approachable and both work extremely hard making sure their guests have everything they wish for. Would love to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Lake Windermere - 4 star accommodation -Rooms with Lake Views - Parking - En-suite rooms equiped with all you need to ensure a comfortable stay - 1 min shops/bars/attractions - Full English Breakfast - No Pets - Children over 8yrs only. internet in guest lounge ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your New Hall Bank reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall Bank Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- New Hall Bank Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District