We stayed two nights at Lonsdale House to re-experience the beautiful Lake District. It was by far the most expensive of all the B&Bs/hotels we stayed in during four weeks in the UK, but was cerrainly not the favourite.
Staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice. Parking was provided on-site - a real plus for Windermere - but was tight for our big rental car!
Our bedroom was the main disappointment. There were stains on the bedside tables and curtains and bedcovers were a bit tatty. The white curtains did not keep out the light at all, which made sleeping during the short nights of summer quite difficult.
In the bar area garlands of dried flowers were suspended from the cornices. They were covered in dust. We were told the hotel would be refurbished soon, so with a bit of luck the garlands will go!
Lonsdale House is in a very good position, but lacks the finesse we had expected for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Central Location close to Lake Windermere, Beatrix Potter Attraction, Restaurants, shops etc. Having Lake View Rooms, Four Poster Rooms and Family Rooms. Parking on site. Guests can relax in the Lounge or have a drink at the well stocked bar. For a great holiday at a great price contact us and take advantage of our excellent deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lonsdale House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Lonsdale House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District