After a couple of cancelled visits ,my wife and I finally made it to the Lonsdale House Hotel.
We were welcomed by friendly and attentive staff and shown to our room where a small carafe of sherry for our enjoyment was a lovely gesture. Our room had a four poster bed and was very comfortable although a slight annoyance was road side traffic which dies off around 11pm.
Andrew, the owner, was very friendly and recommended several restaurants for us to try.
The morning breakfast was EXCELLENT and well up with the best we have had at any hotels anywhere.
All in all a very pleasant trip and my wife and I would have no hesitation in recommending the Lonsdale House to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Central Location close to Lake Windermere, Beatrix Potter Attraction, Restaurants, shops etc. Having Lake View Rooms, Four Poster Rooms and Family Rooms. Parking on site. Guests can relax in the Lounge or have a drink at the well stocked bar. For a great holiday at a great price contact us and take advantage of our excellent deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lonsdale House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Lonsdale House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District