Stayed in the hotel for a weekend in the lakes, great location in the heart of bowness. 5 minute walk to the lake and less to the shops and cafe's. Nice feel to the hotel and our greeter (Andrew) seemed very friendly and ther is a nice and quiet bar area which again fend a nice feel. I stayed in room 6, great four poster bed and overall a nice room if dated in a quirky but good way. Some slight negatives include bed being very noisy (creeking if you turn in the night), quite a hard mattress (not my thing), noise from room above (children/little elephants) and it's on the main road with original sash windows so again a bit noisy. All rounded to an OK night sleep but not great.
Overall I liked the hotel, great base for the lakes at a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Central Location close to Lake Windermere, Beatrix Potter Attraction, Restaurants, shops etc. Having Lake View Rooms, Four Poster Rooms and Family Rooms. Parking on site. Guests can relax in the Lounge or have a drink at the well stocked bar. For a great holiday at a great price contact us and take advantage of our excellent deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Lonsdale House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Lonsdale House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District