Passed Lonsdale House hundreds of times and always thought "I'll have to try there". Found it on a popular booking site for £29 per night (single occupancy, room only) What a find! Very warm welcome from the manager, Andrew. Very friendly and helpful guy. Gave me a family room - one double and a single bed at the back of the hotel. Very warm and clean room (room 4) Don't know if this has a lake view cos of the fog. Shower room was small but modern and nice and clean. The double bed was firm and really comfortable. Nice touch along with the hospitality tray was a small caraf of sherry as a welcoming drink (well done for that. I'm not a sherry drinker normally but I really appreciated it) There was a bit of noise from other guests in the hall and using sinks but this is to be expected. Wasn't that bad and it didn't spoil my stay
For the price I paid, almost anything would have been acceptable but this was a true bargain. Never been before but I'm definitely going back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Central Location close to Lake Windermere, Beatrix Potter Attraction, Restaurants, shops etc. Having Lake View Rooms, Four Poster Rooms and Family Rooms. Parking on site. Guests can relax in the Lounge or have a drink at the well stocked bar. For a great holiday at a great price contact us and take advantage of our excellent deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lonsdale House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Lonsdale House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District