We stayed in a deluxe double room just for a night - room was spacious and clean with a lovely four-poster bed. Bathroom was small, but functional, and could maybe do with a bit of TLC.
Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Breakfast had a good selection (and a menu to choose from for cooked breakfast), and was promptly served after ordering, so no complaints at all. Location of the hotel was great, right on the main road down to Bowness. Would suggest requesting not to be on the ground floor in the summer, as we were in Room 2 at the front of the house and didn't feel we could open the window at night, so were roasting. However, would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Central Location close to Lake Windermere, Beatrix Potter Attraction, Restaurants, shops etc. Having Lake View Rooms, Four Poster Rooms and Family Rooms. Parking on site. Guests can relax in the Lounge or have a drink at the well stocked bar. For a great holiday at a great price contact us and take advantage of our excellent deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lonsdale House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lonsdale House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Lonsdale House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District