“Lovely Family Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Ate as party of 8, inc 4 kids. Food was great, service good and reasonable prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Booked a table just in case but still had to wait around 15 minutes after reservation time in small upstairs bar. That was the only disappointment however, the food was excellent and good friendly service. We were upstairs and as the tables cleared down to just 2 couples including us, the atmosphere waned a bit so if you want lively all the time a downstairs table may be better.
Had Parmagiano Melanzane which we haven't seen in a restaurant outside Sicily where it is very common and we enjoyed this a starter. My Spaghetti carbonara was excellent and my wife's Lasagne was one of the best she has ever eaten and we have been in lots of Italian Restaurants at home and abroad.
Would definitely go again when in Bowness.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We went for a birthday meal. I had the bruschetta to start and my partner had mushrooms in garlic butter. Both starters were lovely. I then had pizza and my partner had lasagne with garlic bread. The pizza was good but nothing special. The garlic bread was delicious and my partner very much enjoyed the lasagne. We then had a weird pudding I've not had before with ice cream, nuts, sugared orange peel and cherries. It was fabulous. I would definatly recommend this restaurant to friends and family. The service was quick and friendly. The meal was good value £45 for 3 courses and we had a few drinks too. Only thing I would comment on is that it's not ideal for an intimate meal as you're quite close to the next table. The restaurant was very busy. You should probably book :)

1  Thank Nurse_Nemo
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic time here on Saturday. We were made to feel very welcome and we were very well looked after by all the staff. The quality of the food was amazing and it was matched by amazing value. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We always head to this resturant, the food is excellant, and the atmosphere is always lovely, as are the staff!