“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Positano

Villa Positano
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Superb”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

What can I say. Unearthed a gem. Visiting the Lakes for the first time and spoke to a few people about Italian restaurant's. One lady advised me about Villa Positano so we decided to try it. AMAZING. Veg lasagne was out of this world. Profiterole dessert was heavenly. Great value for money. A must for any pasta loving foodie.

Sydney, Australia
“Hidden gem in Bowness-on-Windermere”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Found this place by mistake on route to Roberto's ( a recommendation). What a absolute find. The wait staff were superb and absolutely knew the food that they were serving and the how to deal with customers. The food was probably some of the best food that I've had outside of Italy. We started the evening with a bottle of chianti (great value) and a starter of deep fried whitebait (I follow the advise of a sommelier I met in Florence who taught me to drink whatever I enjoyed and forget the 'white wine, white fish' rule). My 'significant other' can't remember what he had (too much chianti) but the agnolotti all'agnosta (ravioli lobster) was fantastic! Simple but absolutely delicious. Followed up by Tuscan biscuits (fail safe tiramisu for mr forgetful) and the only decent coffee I've had on this visit and you're on to a winner. Superb. Great food, great value but make a reservation if you can. This place gets busy and for all the right reasons.

Visited July 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Not horrendous...”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here last week...
It wasn't a bad meal, neither the food or the service was anytime to shout about.
I firmly believe we would have been better off getting a pizza from
Co-op and a bottle of wine and saved ourselves £30!!

2 Thank Ryry975
Blairgowrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Recommended by my Wife”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Earlier in the year my wife was in Bo'ness for a conference .Their party ate here and loved it.
My wife and our family later booked a few nights at Bo'ness this month.
On arrival we had to eat.Our first port of call was to this restaurant.we arrived at 5 and decided to book the table for 6.As it turned out it was wise to book .Despite it being a Tuesday night ,the restaurant was very busy.The restaurant is on two floors with the toilets being on the upper level,thus providing you with an interesting journey up the quaint and unorthodox staircase.
Food was simply outstanding,the staff were very attentive and made a point of ensuring that all clientele were aware of what each dish contained .I started with Calimari followed by Veal and my wife had Bruchetta followed by Sea Bass.Fanastic is all I can say .Visit for yourself,you won't be dissapointed

Visited July 2014
Windermere, United Kingdom
“fabby Italian”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited Villa Positano last week for the first time in a couple of years, it is still has amazing authentic Italian food, the service is second to non, nice to see all the staff are Italian, I had the Spaghetti Marinara, the pasta was cooked to perfection with lots of sea food throughout the dish, my hubby had the Cannelloni, which was delicious, great quality house wines too, thank you to all for a lovely evening.

• Visited July 2014