“Horrible: Rude waitress and bland food”
Review of Villa Positano

Villa Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Horrible: Rude waitress and bland food”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I agree with all the bad reviews here. The food was really bland, and the chicken wings were smelly & really horrible. When we told the waitress we didn't like it, she was very rude and said "this is how it tastes, it is chicken wings!!" Then, she came back & very rudely said "ok what do you want instead of it?!"

This shows that they don't care about customer satisfaction at all. Do they mean that if the waitress likes that smelly, bland dish, then we should all like it?! What is more terrible was that that waitress became really really rude afterwards till we finished and left!!

We'll never ever come back to that horrible place or recommend it to our friends and family who plan to visit the Lake District.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Successful100

Burnley, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Having read reviews, we booked - just as well as the place was full and fully booked for the evening. The staff were very efficient and attentive, especially Deborah who was very amusing too. The wine was quite pricey but the Montepulciano was a lovely bottle. My husband had the cured beef for starters which was excellent. I had sirloin steak for main (cooked medium as requested) and he had Cannelloni which was good. We had Tirimisu for dessert which was lovely.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average ”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with 2 Freind after it was recommended to use the food was nice but average was expecting it to be better the layout is nice and the staff don't smile

1 Thank Leon G
“Superb”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

What can I say. Unearthed a gem. Visiting the Lakes for the first time and spoke to a few people about Italian restaurant's. One lady advised me about Villa Positano so we decided to try it. AMAZING. Veg lasagne was out of this world. Profiterole dessert was heavenly. Great value for money. A must for any pasta loving foodie.

Sydney, Australia
“Hidden gem in Bowness-on-Windermere”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Found this place by mistake on route to Roberto's ( a recommendation). What a absolute find. The wait staff were superb and absolutely knew the food that they were serving and the how to deal with customers. The food was probably some of the best food that I've had outside of Italy. We started the evening with a bottle of chianti (great value) and a starter of deep fried whitebait (I follow the advise of a sommelier I met in Florence who taught me to drink whatever I enjoyed and forget the 'white wine, white fish' rule). My 'significant other' can't remember what he had (too much chianti) but the agnolotti all'agnosta (ravioli lobster) was fantastic! Simple but absolutely delicious. Followed up by Tuscan biscuits (fail safe tiramisu for mr forgetful) and the only decent coffee I've had on this visit and you're on to a winner. Superb. Great food, great value but make a reservation if you can. This place gets busy and for all the right reasons.

Visited July 2014