“Not bad ”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Albert hotel welcomes you to the perfect place to eat, drink and relax. Just a stone's throw from England largest lake,Lake Windermere. Food is served Monday to Saturday from 12 noon till between 9 and 9.30pm. On a Sunday we serve traditional Sunday lunch along side our main menu form 12 noon till 8.15pm.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Went here whilst visiting the area , ordered our food , starters came quickly and were both lovely. Main course came I had the steak mushroom pie couldn't fault the pie but veg and new pots were under cooked and hard - called waitress over who removed my meal . Apologised and offered me a drink . My partner didn't want to eat alone so she removed his meal aswell. Both meals returned about 30 mins later by which time we had gone past the hunger stage .

Write a ReviewReviews (2,337)

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We called here today with our three young children for tea...the staff were very friendly and made us more than welcome...the food was quick and very fresh... we will be calling again very soon

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate here twice and between us had 4 different meals , we had gammon , lasagne, cod and steak & mushroom pie all of which were gorgeous.
Staff were lovely and helpful even though it was extremely busy

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We visited Bowness when the weather was good and decided to try The Albert for lunch. There is a small beer garden area outside that we sat in. Children and dogs are welcome here.

The menu is quite ranged, we went for the cod and chips in the end, which was around £10 per portion. It is a traditional pub and the choices on the menu were quite traditional. Sandwiches are also available too.

The food came very quickly and was a good portion - in fact the portion was so large I only managed to eat about 2/3 of it! The cod was battered, but was in a huge amount of batter which was very filling and the chips they serve are chunky style so were also filling. Chunky style chips have never been a favourite of mine, but that's just personal taste. Mushy peas are also served with it, although I found them to be a bit runny. On the whole the food we had was good, but I wouldn't say it was excellent. We did find the pub to be slightly cheaper than some of the other pubs/restaurants in Bowness though.

We both had coke in a half pint glass but the glass seemed tiny and with it being a hot day I could have done with a larger glass - not sure if they sell a larger version. They serve fruit shoot style drinks for kids - but I only realised when we'd bought it that it was another brand and contained aspartame.

All in all, it was ok. We'll probably visit again for a quick drink but I'm not sure we'll go for our lunch there again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

the albert was recomened by a nice local lady while we waiting for the bus,the price is reasonble and they do really nice food there!lovely!worth going!

1  Thank dan x