“Be careful”

Infield Hotel and Guesthouse
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Be careful”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked this guess house for my self and my mum from internet for 07 of june 2013.Had confirmation on my email and was looking forward to get there,needed some sleep after long trip..Bad news driving all the way from scotland up this place- we arrived to empty building.we could check in from 4 till 9pm but no one was in..Start worry if i been tricked by internet spam but I've got in touch with web and they told me they will get in touch with the owner!!!!after waiting till 7pm i gave up..The lovely people from local B&B's manage to get us not very expensive place to stay..was so glad to meet most amazing people up there!
FINALLY someone answered the phone and after i told her i booked weeks ago a room at her guess house.She only could tell me that is for tomorrow..i was trying to explain that I've got email with confirmation and i booked friday 7 of june but she wasn't listening ..All she was doing screaming on me..So the owner should learn how to communicate with customers and just listen for once!!!!!! Worst B&B experience ...BE VERY CAREFUL !!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KristinaSka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night and we had a really nice experience. The room was clean, had plenty of storage space, a nice big bed and a nice little flatscreen TV that came with Freeview. The room we had had shared bathroom and toilet facilities, but we had no problem using them whenever we needed to. The shower was wonderfully powerful too.

The breakfast the following day was very nice indeed, and the owners were very welcoming and friendly. After breakfast we had a very nice chat with them and they told us about some of the local visitor attractions. We will definitely return to stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

What a terrible experience.. I realy cant believe there are good reviews of this guesthouse (which I checked out before booking) it was like stepping back in time 40 years...... I didnt think these types of places still existed....old fashioned, smelly, cold, dirty, dull with possibly the smallest tv in the world...is it that hard to clean the place, you could only just read the sign outside it was that dirty... Ihave stayed in back-packing hostels in Bangok which were more modern and clean...

the only reason I didnt give it a terrible rating is the owners seemed friendly and my breakfast was on time (but also poor) .... I feel ripped off... £52 for a night stay, ha the owners must have seen us coming.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank daniel r

Travellers are raving about these Barrow-in-Furness hotels

Pineville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I primarily spend our vacations out and about exploring and visiting local sites so our sole purpose for hotels is to find somewhere safe, clean, and comfortable where we can sleep and shower in our own private room and bathroom. We look for basic no frills places to stay that are centrally located and affordable.

On this particular stay we were traveling with my wife's family visiting my wife's grandmother's town where she grew up. We found this gem and felt right at home. It more than met all of our needs. Our room was small but had it's own bathroom and was very comfortable. Downstairs there was a TV room and bar where the family could gather together. The free Wi-Fi was very much appreciated. The crowning moment during our stay here was my first true experience of an "English" breakfast. Very delicious and way more food that I could eat. This was served to us by the owner who was very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this gem for anyone looking for a home away from home in Barrow-in-Furness.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank frankr690
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was working in Barrow for a week and stayed here for four nights. It was perfectly located for my journey to work each morning. Room was perfectly adequate size for a solo traveller. TV had loads of channels. Tea and coffee facilities in room. Did use the heater one night when it was a bit cold in the room. The breakfast was lovely and Linda was warm and friendly. If I stayed again I would ask for an en suite room, though the shared bathroom was always clean and I got straight in and out every morning without any problems.

Room Tip: Choose an ensuite room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Décor was dated. Lots of clutter. Cramped room. Tiny TV. No soap. Shared showers and toilets. Portable heater in the room was useless. Paper thin walls. Female owner was very blunt, strict and even had a go at us. Was like a boarding school. She made you feel very uncomfortable and unwelcome. Best part of the stay was breakfast. Which was.... Fine at most.
£50 for one night, you'd at least expect manners.

Room Tip: A different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank samwich10
Lytham St.Annes
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Booked this Hotel last minute with a couple of friends and 5 dogs, Wanted somewhere we could take the dogs on holiday and they could enjoy the beaches and the walks.We were welcomed and given loads of information by the owner about where we could go and what we could do.The owner was very friendly and must of had his reservations when he saw 5 enthusiastic pooches in tow (but bless him, he never showed it.The hotel was very clean, and near to everything, the dogs were walked off their paws, though i think we were all more tired.
Had a really hot home cooked breakfast that hit the spot just before our departure, we all enjoyed our stay and will go again, We stayed in room 4 which was comfortable and very clean.
The owners were great, thanks for a great trip.

Room Tip: Rooms all lovely and quiet, request bigger room if you require one
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends