“Two Senior Ladies”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barrow-in-Furness
Infield Hotel and Guesthouse
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Fortunately the stay was one night only. The room was awful, unsuitable for us. You could hardly move about a double bed and a single, cramped into a small room. No help with our luggage up or down a large staircase, poor facilities. Would not recommend this Guesthouse to anyone. Was led to believe a suitable room would be available. They did not bother to email or contact me to say differently.

Room Tip: Check your booking before you accept.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jjmcgregor42

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a no-frills B&B. Nice, friendly owner. Bright, airy dining room. Car parking. Wifi (password provided did not work). Family room was comfortable but dated decor. Basic, functional ensuite with shower.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 44S
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is a real gem of a place! The booking was quick and easy, the owners were friendly and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. They gave advice on local places to eat and transport in the area.
I was working in the area and my partner stayed with me.
I'm baffled as to the recent comments on here regarding the decor?! Its a lovely warm and tasteful hall and beautiful stairs, the bathrooms are modern, the rooms are fine; clean and warm. It isn't a 5* hotel, with prices to match, so don't expect it to be. It is most definitely NOT like stepping back in time.
I'll be staying here again when I'm next working in the area.
Really lovely stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank belfast323
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked this guess house for my self and my mum from internet for 07 of june 2013.Had confirmation on my email and was looking forward to get there,needed some sleep after long trip..Bad news driving all the way from scotland up this place- we arrived to empty building.we could check in from 4 till 9pm but no one was in..Start worry if i been tricked by internet spam but I've got in touch with web and they told me they will get in touch with the owner!!!!after waiting till 7pm i gave up..The lovely people from local B&B's manage to get us not very expensive place to stay..was so glad to meet most amazing people up there!
FINALLY someone answered the phone and after i told her i booked weeks ago a room at her guess house.She only could tell me that is for tomorrow..i was trying to explain that I've got email with confirmation and i booked friday 7 of june but she wasn't listening ..All she was doing screaming on me..So the owner should learn how to communicate with customers and just listen for once!!!!!! Worst B&B experience ...BE VERY CAREFUL !!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KristinaSka
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night and we had a really nice experience. The room was clean, had plenty of storage space, a nice big bed and a nice little flatscreen TV that came with Freeview. The room we had had shared bathroom and toilet facilities, but we had no problem using them whenever we needed to. The shower was wonderfully powerful too.

The breakfast the following day was very nice indeed, and the owners were very welcoming and friendly. After breakfast we had a very nice chat with them and they told us about some of the local visitor attractions. We will definitely return to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

What a terrible experience.. I realy cant believe there are good reviews of this guesthouse (which I checked out before booking) it was like stepping back in time 40 years...... I didnt think these types of places still existed....old fashioned, smelly, cold, dirty, dull with possibly the smallest tv in the world...is it that hard to clean the place, you could only just read the sign outside it was that dirty... Ihave stayed in back-packing hostels in Bangok which were more modern and clean...

the only reason I didnt give it a terrible rating is the owners seemed friendly and my breakfast was on time (but also poor) .... I feel ripped off... £52 for a night stay, ha the owners must have seen us coming.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank daniel r
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife and I primarily spend our vacations out and about exploring and visiting local sites so our sole purpose for hotels is to find somewhere safe, clean, and comfortable where we can sleep and shower in our own private room and bathroom. We look for basic no frills places to stay that are centrally located and affordable.

On this particular stay we were traveling with my wife's family visiting my wife's grandmother's town where she grew up. We found this gem and felt right at home. It more than met all of our needs. Our room was small but had it's own bathroom and was very comfortable. Downstairs there was a TV room and bar where the family could gather together. The free Wi-Fi was very much appreciated. The crowning moment during our stay here was my first true experience of an "English" breakfast. Very delicious and way more food that I could eat. This was served to us by the owner who was very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this gem for anyone looking for a home away from home in Barrow-in-Furness.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family