Abbey House Hotel
Lisdoonie Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Chequers Hotel(Dalton-in-Furness)
Dunes Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Very Good 4/5
The Duke of Edinburgh Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Great 4.5/5
Travelodge Barrow in Furness(Barrow-in-Furness)
Very Good 4/5
The Furness Railway Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Ambrose Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
Hotel Imperial(Barrow-in-Furness)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsoscars restaurantwedding venuestunning hotelwowcher dealprincess suitesummer suitemain buildingthe wow factorgrounds are stunningchristmas decorationsdeluxe roommy partnereggs benedictwedding guestsmain courserestaurant managerhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Took my sister here for her 60th it was a surprise. She wasn't disappointed.We stayed in the annex as they were upgrading the main hotel. The room was lovely and clean the bathroom was very warm and clean and the beds were so comfy.we ate in the restaurant and the food was really good and breakfast was yummy.The staff were all very friendly especially Alistair in the restaurant. we had a lovely walk after our evening meal around the grounds. Well worth staying.

Room Tip: Twin room was quite roomy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
abbeyhtl, Manager at Abbey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thanks very much indeed for your kind words, I'll be sure to pass them across to the team.
I was glad to read you enjoyed your celebrations in Oscar's, the perfect time to be dining after our wonderful refurbishment.
I hope to see you all again soon at Abbey House Hotel & Gardens

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at the Abbey House Hotel on a Groupon offer, and had a lovely stay! The restaurant has been renovated and we were there for the opening night. Food and drink was fantastic and I can't praise the customer service highly enough.

We took our dog and were in a 'dog friendly' room. I was worried this might mean the room was a little scruffy but it was lovely, you'd never know a dog had been in there.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
abbeyhtl, Manager at Abbey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

What a treat to be in Oscar's on the opening night! I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay.
We positively welcome our four legged friends and have a lovely selection of our Cavendish rooms to accommodate. Our extensive grounds, over 14 acres, are the ideal spot for a good run in the morning after a hearty Oscar's breakfast! I hope to see you back at Abbey House in the near future. Feel free to contact us directly next time for the best savings.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husbands niece got married at this venue last friday, the room ,wedding, food, and staff were fantastic, and of course the bride looked amazing.The building is lovely after having been refurbished .The actual wedding service was lovely..

Room Tip: didnt stay overnight
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Vicky had the pleasure of being the first bride to get married on the Great Hall after the fantastic new refurbishment, one for the history books!
I'm glad you had an enjoyable time, I enjoyed looking after you all and hope to see you back at Abbey House Hotel & Gardens in the near future.
Kind Regards
John Horton

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed here with my gran on Saturday 8th March after winning a complimentary stay. Upon arrival the building itself is absolutely stunning, the young lady on reception was very friendly and very welcoming (and helpful!). Our room was beautiful, huge bed, very clean and modern bathroom, lovely view from our room and it also included plenty of tea and coffee facilities.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening, we had to wait a while for a table but that wasn't much of a problem for us, head waiter was very attentive, food was delicious (we had the fish and chips) and the overall service was fantastic. The only thing that ruined it for us was being woken up by the fire alarm at 3am. This wasn't anybody's fault; however this was the only fault. If this hadn't of happened, it would have been the perfect stay. Breakfast was fabulous, lots of choice - hot and cold.
Overall, I would absolutely stay here again, I would love to return to see the refurbishment!
Thankyou for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for your review Hannah, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Abbey House Hotel & Gardens. I'll be sure to pass your kind words across to the team.
Please accept my apologies for the false alarm, it's always at the best times! but it is for our guests safety and wellbeing and hope your were able to get back to sleep without to much disturbance.
The main public areas are now open, with Oscar's now taking dining bookings.
I hope to see you back soon to enjoy all the wonderful changes we have made.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Having just returned from an overnight stay at the Abbey House Hotel, I cannot praise it enough . Although the main hotel is undergoing refurbishment, the annex turned out to be really lovely - bright, clean and very comfortable. The bedrooms are well appointed, clean and nicely decorated, the bed extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are modern, bright and again, spotlessly clean.The staff couldn't do enough for us - from booking a taxi to ensuring that our order for evening meal (gorgeous by the way!) was rushed through and served within 15 mins of ordering so that we would not miss our taxi. The night porter, John, made sure we had an endless supply of hot toast and butter when we returned, late, from our night out. What a refreshing change to be looked after so well and made to feel that nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
abbeyhtl, Manager at Abbey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thanks very much indeed for your kind words. The beds in the annex side are truly comfortable aren't they! The team at Abbey House are always happy to go the extra mile to ensure all of our guest experiences are memorable ones. I do hope you return after the refurbishment and experience an even greater level of enjoyment.