We stayed for one night in July to attend a wedding, I can't believe that a Hotel of this standard had no air conditioning, the Hotel itself is lovely but the heat was unbearable, luckily it did not spoil the wedding even thought the Bride had to complain to management about the heat, our shirts were sticking to us most of the time we spent indoors. The food was fabulous and highly recommended. There was not enough Bar staff to serve people and you had to queue for ages, we resorted to going into the restaurant bar and after ordering our drinks this very offensive ignorant woman who was the restaurant Manager asked us if we had booked a table, we said no we had come through for drinks and she shouted at us that we should not use this bar as it was off grounds to the weddings guests and return whence we had come. Luckily for her I was in a good mood otherwise I would have put something where the sun does not shine and it was not a tip, my wife was very embarrassed .As a paying guest at the Hotel I would have thought I could use any bar and it did not say anything else to the contrary. Won't be staying here again, no wonder Barrow is a graveyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abbey House Hotel & Gardens has recently undergone a multi million refurbishment. We look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Abbey House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbey House Hotel Barrow-In-Furness
- Abbey Hotel Barrow In Furness