“Speechless”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

9 family members had a meal here for my sons 12th birthday.we arrived at 6-15 for the happy hour buffet.We had all finished the buffet before the 7pm deadline when the buffet goes up £3 and all the good food comes out.We decided to have a second drink and a chat as the place was not busy and they didn't need the table.The bill arrived and to our amazement they had charged us the extra price due to the fact we were still at the table after 7pm.Ok don't want to spoil the night just pay the bill.But before we had time to pay we received another bill with an increased amount because they had just realised the birthday Boy had turned 12 today.I have never experienced anything like this.Will not be returning.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant at the end of June this year, while eating the soup from the buffet, I felt something that I thought was a bone. This turned out to be a piece of wire or staple about 1/2 inch long. I called the waitress over and showed her the metal, explaining where I found it. She seamed unfazed by this saying it was probably part of the pan scrub, which it certainly was not, she then took the metal to the kitchen saying she would show it to the cook. Reluctantly, she eventually returned to us saying they would get a new brush, giving a minimal apology. We said she should remove the soup from the buffet to which she replied it would be fine. On this we walked out. If this is the standard of their food hygiene, it leaves a lot to be desired. Had I swallowed the metal I dread to think what the outcome would have been

1  Thank Nobutalad
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The buffet option is not for me although it was chosen by all my friends, deep fried starters too much, but a range of choices. Like other reviews it was sometimes slow to fill up so people would miss out on some options and only realise when others came back with them. A girl of about ten working the bar very efficiently but is that legal? Service was generally good and better than in the past. My a la carte meal was good, and the views of the sunset over the sea were spectacular.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Went here last year and found it very poor due to food not being replaced once dishes were empty,went again at the weekend and exactly the same thing happened,we were there nearly 2 hours and I think it was 5 dishes remained empty,would never go back,a buffet should mean that every dish is available to everyone and that is not the case at this restaurant.

2  Thank Janice T
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I just love this place! Great service - super food - fresh, hot and tasty. The buffet is super - lots of choice so you can try different things and it is constantly being topped up throughout the night. Cosy atmosphere. Top Marks!

2  Thank Sheena B