“very disappointing”
Review of The Round House

The Round House
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“very disappointing”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Very ill after the last visit due to a dodgy prawn!!!
The buffet is expensive considering the quality of the food. The soup was cold and the buffet was not much better - warm instead of hot like it should be. The selection of puddings is also poor. Also a very cold building to sit in.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Very good quality take away”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Ordered a take away last week for 2 people, and to be honest I can't fault it, sorry to see the negative reviews posted recently, food quality here has almost always been excellent, the buffet is well stocked and fresh, and if there are insufficient people to justify a buffet going cold they will happily cook to order and bring to the table any buffet items fresh and ready to eat. The take away was superb

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Stevelawson61
“Speechless”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

9 family members had a meal here for my sons 12th birthday.we arrived at 6-15 for the happy hour buffet.We had all finished the buffet before the 7pm deadline when the buffet goes up £3 and all the good food comes out.We decided to have a second drink and a chat as the place was not busy and they didn't need the table.The bill arrived and to our amazement they had charged us the extra price due to the fact we were still at the table after 7pm.Ok don't want to spoil the night just pay the bill.But before we had time to pay we received another bill with an increased amount because they had just realised the birthday Boy had turned 12 today.I have never experienced anything like this.Will not be returning.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“metal in my soup”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant at the end of June this year, while eating the soup from the buffet, I felt something that I thought was a bone. This turned out to be a piece of wire or staple about 1/2 inch long. I called the waitress over and showed her the metal, explaining where I found it. She seamed unfazed by this saying it was probably part of the pan scrub, which it certainly was not, she then took the metal to the kitchen saying she would show it to the cook. Reluctantly, she eventually returned to us saying they would get a new brush, giving a minimal apology. We said she should remove the soup from the buffet to which she replied it would be fine. On this we walked out. If this is the standard of their food hygiene, it leaves a lot to be desired. Had I swallowed the metal I dread to think what the outcome would have been

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nobutalad
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Loads of deep fried starters”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The buffet option is not for me although it was chosen by all my friends, deep fried starters too much, but a range of choices. Like other reviews it was sometimes slow to fill up so people would miss out on some options and only realise when others came back with them. A girl of about ten working the bar very efficiently but is that legal? Service was generally good and better than in the past. My a la carte meal was good, and the views of the sunset over the sea were spectacular.

Visited July 2013