“Friendly, comfortable and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Royal Hotel

The Royal Hotel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Barrow-in-Furness
Derby, United Kingdom
“Friendly, comfortable and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My company booked me in here - and was my first time in Barrow. I am due to be here for several weeks over the next few months.

Id often stay in national brands - but the photos looked good here.

The hotel has clearly had some money spent on it. The large bar area was great, and I found in the evenings that the locals and residents mixed well, and I felt quite relaxed sitting there in the evenings.

I saw some people had mentioned the Wifi, but this I was told had all been recently upgraded and I found it fine in the bar and my room.

The evening meals were great - I'd recommend the Calamari, and the Gammon!

Staff were all very helpful and attentive - and had the feel of a family run hotel with all staff seeming to enjoy their jobs and happy to assist.

I had a couple of very early starts and they were happy to make a packed lunch for me free of charge, which is pretty rare.

I think they seem pretty full, which is no surprise - it was full when I was there - and I look forward to my next stay there. I am told a large screen is going in next month for sporting events and a residents lounge is going in, which will add to it further.

Room Tip: Perhaps the 2nd floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

I am currently stopping at the Royal Hotel, working on the wind farms approx 5 mins walk away.I have no complaints about the Royal it is perfect for me, i have never worked away from home before so at first it was a bit over whelming, Charlotte the manager has done nothing but look after us from the minute we walked threw the door, we get breakfast at 5:30 in the morning a pack up to take with us and the meals the hotel serve are sound and it is quality home cooked food

I have read most of the reviews on here and everybody seems to think that the hotel is really good although there are the odd few that may have slightly disagreeable (noise) all i can sy is i am above the bar area one of the closest rooms to the bar and after about 10:30 the music must get turned down because i cant hear it. ive been here 2 weeks so far and i am staying until March next year, i am more than happy with everything you cannot fault any of the staff they bend over backwards for you and will do anything to make sure your stay is enjoyable

Thanks guys and looking forward to the go karting and bowling and a few cheeky drinks

note i gave a 5 for fitness centre (bar)

Room Tip: You dont need a tip all the rooms ive seen the other lads stop in have all been top notch
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank alffie s
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The late night bar made it impossible to sleep with very loud music and even louder clients. Hotel management did nothing to quite them. Have not slept at all.

How can a hotel be so noisy even at 1am?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DrRishiDShah

Travellers are raving about these Barrow-in-Furness hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at the Royal last month on business and will be using the Royal as my future base when working in Barrow. Recently refurbished with good rooms, excellent and friendly service. The staff were very helpful and the food was also good. I would recommend it for business stays etc...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a great town hotel which has been totally renovated to a good standard. Hotel is very clean and rooms are very comfortable and homely. Staff are friendly. Food is good. Would definitely recommend staying here and prefer this any day over the standard chain hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed here with my wife and daughter for a couple days as we were visiting my wife relative, when we drove down the street towards the hotel we thought they is not not going to be nice as from the outside it doesn't look that nice however as soon as we got inside we were very surprised by the rooms which were very clean and tidy, the breakfast was very nice and the staff were all very nice and pleasant to speak to, I know a couple of people have talked about he bar but it didn't really bother us people were enjoying themselves, the only thing I would say is that it is a shame that there is no car park but we were advised that the car would be safe anyway, we will be staying again as he price is not that bad at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ellon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights whilst on business (July 2103)
Hotel appeared very quiet as it is located on the "island" part of Barrow which is not centralised.
Re-furb of rooms was ongoing, new carpets had already been fitted & accomodation decorated.
My room was rather small (single room) but was adequate for short stay, maybe a bit stuffy.
Staff were very freindly & pleasant, plus the food was excellent.
Free Wi-Fi however I could not get a signal in my room.
Overall I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrow-in-Furness
The Furness Railway Hotel
Ambrose Hotel
Ambrose Hotel
#11 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness
Premier Inn Barrow-In-Furness Hotel
Premier Inn Barrow-In-Furness Ho...
#2 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness
Abbot Hall Hotel
Abbot Hall Hotel
#10 of 10 in Grange-over-Sands
Clarke's Hotel & Brasserie

Been to The Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!