I usually choose premier inns over travelodge because travelodges have been in much need of refurbishing in recent years. I stayed here for a family event in the town and was pleasantly surprised with the refreshed look and improved quality of the bedrooms, from the last time I stayed in a travelodge. The beds are very good quality, deep mattresses with new bed linen and decent pillows. The rooms have been brightened up and painted and a few other nice decor touches. I only have a couple of niggles - I think they should invest in some new towels because they were still using the same old thin, rough ones. I'm surprised these haven't been updated given the investment in the rest of the bedrooms. The flat screen TVs were good, but you could only flick through the channels to find out what was on. The guide, menu and info functions seemed to all have been disabled, which was not very helpful. It also seemed strange not to have the full range of freeview channels - there were only about 10. However, given I was not staying in Barrow to watch TV, this wasn't much of an issue.
Overall a good stay and it would make me consider Travelodge over Premier Inn in the future, if I knew the hotel had been refurbished.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Barrow in Furness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Barrow In Furness Hotel Barrow-In-Furness
- Travel Lodge Barrow-In-Furness
- Barrow-In-Furness Travelodge
- Barrow-In-Furness Travel Lodge