“Very high level of courtesy and care.”
Review of The Hotel Majestic

The Hotel Majestic
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Barrow-in-Furness
Durham UK
“Very high level of courtesy and care.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a night in Barrow, there to see a band down the road at Bar Continental. Booked via LateRooms, £40 for a double and full breakfast. Exceptional young man Andrew on reception/bar…gave us driving directions over the phone, and was most helpful and welcoming. Our room, 106, clean, lovely bathroom, LG TV, lots of fresh towels. The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel, Francescas, is really good, with great food and friendly staff…couldn't be more attentive…and great value. We checked out after a very good, freshly cooked breakfast…again with large portions! The lovely guy on reception showed us two card tricks, and our jaws are still dropped at how he did it!! Talk about skill! We would go back in an instant to this friendly and comfortable hotel. Recommended 100%

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DurhamUKStuart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent 3 nights from 16th - 19th April at the Majestic, we were visiting family. The service was excellent and the staff were always helpful and cheerful. Our room was a good size, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was spotless, a little cramped but ok. Heating good. Would stay again. Breakfast was huge and very good. We ate in the restaurant one evening, it was packed with locals and excellent. Very Good Value all round.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hils4446
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I was recommend this hotel by a family member. I'm so pleased with the great value rates and great breakfast included. The rooms are very well appointed. I have stayed in the travelodge in barrow for twice the price of the majestic. The hotels location is great for transport and shops.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Scott D
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, service was friendly and the neighbouring restaurant very good. Ideal location close to the town centre, reasonably priced compared to some others in the area. Would stay again and recommend

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank MJJDC_2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was the first time I went to BIF for business. I was keen to see the place, very picturesque with friendly people all around. Every stranger you came across was smiling and friendly.

THE HOTEL
I had booked the hotel after reading some of good reviews.
POSITIVE - The room was nice and spacious and the ensuite's suite itself was very new and modern. Clean bedding on a very nice big comfortable bed.
NEGATIVE - No phone in the room! If you need the reception for whatever the reason, your option is either go downstairs yourself or call from your mobile on the external line. No water in room. The walls were damp (see pictures) they had put a chair in front of the worst part of the damp.

PARKING
Their website states parking. Absolutely misleading! Parking is a small 'alley' on the left hand side of the hotel with EXTREMELY limited parking. When I got there late in the evening I was told to try and find parking at the Town Hall car park (which was a few minutes walk) and had to ensure to move my car before 8am! However, I managed to find a parking spot at the hotel. People double park you and the hotel has no idea who the cars belong to. I got blocked in (see the pictures). I had a presentation the following day hence why I got there the night before. After breakfast when I tried to get to my car, it was blocked by another car. The reception didn't know who it belonged to. I had to get a taxi to my workplace and back, not to say how late I was!

FOOD
There is a restaurant attached to the hotel. Very freindly staff, very good food, they can't enough to please you and accommodate your requests. Breakfast is at the same restaurant, again no fault, lovely staff and fantastic food.

I don't think I will go to stay there again, but would definetly visit the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ins2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Had a lovely stay here with family.
The rooms were on the third floor meaning they were lovely sloped attic style rooms. They were fresh, clean and smart.
The restaurant was great and right downstairs. The food was fab and breakfast massive!
Only niggles were - the lift was out and the staircase was really high! Good exercise for me but my dad with a bad knee didn't enjoy it! One member of staff on our visit was a lovely, friendly lady but the man the night before was quite unhelpful when I asked for more toiletries. Also, the shower in our room was awful... more of a trickle which was a shame as the rest of the room was perfect!
Would stay again :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The room was spacious and we had a great stay. A few negatives are that the room was very very dusty. I don't think the curtains have been washed for years. My partner suffers from really bad dust allergies and she felt ill during our stay. The room was very cold as the windows were not in a great state as it was letting in cold drafts. The lift was not working either.

• Stayed December 2013