“Totally Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hotel Majestic

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Hotel Majestic
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Barrow-in-Furness
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Totally Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Arrived with the 'oh not got you' then found the booking! The room was 305 (executive room) top floor...hot day.. NO LIFT! 6 flights of stairs with a room with NO opening windows, and the windows were 2 tiny turret ones, which you cannot open, painted shut! Very dark.

To be fair when we complained we were moved to a twin room on the first floor which had one opening window.
The room was still stuffy, given a fan though it helped a little, but not much.

Wouldn't ever stay again.

The attached restaurant is over rated and even tried to over charge us. £65 for our meal! We had steak .. Poorly cooked, sauce tasted like it had been burnt and then redone, and watery.

NO wifi in room yet stated it does provide it ..in both rooms I might add!

Room Tip: No free wifi in rooms we were given, top and bottom
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

stayed at majestic could not open windows in hotel and lift permanently out of order which I think should be looked at as this seems to be an ongoing problem which has been going on for a while surely this should be addressed, this did not cause me a problem but for anybody who can not manage stairs this would be a problem. while I must say the young gentlemen on reception was very helpful staff in restaurant were very arrogant when we arrived the restaurant was empty we ordered a drink i asked to have a menu I went to sit down told we could not sit down if we were not eating I tried to explain I would like to look at menu first but told I could not his attitude was not friendly perhaps customer service course would be of benefit to them.. Price we paid for the room was very reasonable for our stay.

Room Tip: make sure if you have difficulty walking lift does not work.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Ally F
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The breakfast at the Majestic is good, in all other respects this hotel is dreadful. The staff were friendly enough, but unhelpful; the lift is permanently broken; the rooms in poor repair and dirty. The overall impression is of a hotel much needing modernisation.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Hywelgriff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Me and my family stayed here on Friday 11th July. We all enjoyed the food it was amazing, the staff were friendly and smiley. Allen showed me a few card tricks and i was amazed, my step-dad (Mark from Lawsons) had told me a lot about him and his magic tricks but Allen said that he is not doing the magic it was me and he was just the helper I was amazed at what happened!!! In our room (which was a family room) (room 111) the walls were a bit dirty and mucky and the thing the TV was in was mucky and my mum got a baby wipe and it came of easily. The window didn't close and it wasn't safe because my little 2 year old sister came and it was held open by a piece of wood. The Italian was a bit noisy!!! Apart from that it was a brill first experience for me!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was our second visit to the Majestic.the staff are friendly and helpful,the rooms are clean and comfortable.breakfast is really excellent with plenty of choice.ate in the restaurant on the Sat night,the place was really buzzing-great food and service.the only downside to this place is that the lift is out of order and has been for quite some time-will somebody please get round to fixing it!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights. After reading a couple of bad reviews on here we were a bit worried on the drive there but our minds were soon put at ease when we walked in the door. The reception staff were extremely friendly. The room was spacious and clean with a really comfortable bed. There is an amazing restaurant downstairs. The best thing about staying there was Alan behind the reception/bar who entertained us with numerous card and magic tricks. He was awesome. Will definitely be staying here again!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara R
Wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spent 3 Nights here. Mon-Thurs. Comfortable, staff are very friendly and amiable. The car park is tight but takes a surprising amount of cars. On first glance I wasn't sure I'd made the right choice but once inside it was more than good enough for me, the Restaurant attached is very good and breakfast is nice and homely. Watch out for Al on the night shift as he is awesome and does some great magic. overall very much worth it

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st/2nd floor are better for the Wi-Fi
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business