“Let down by attention to detail.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Fairway Hotel

Fairway Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Barrow-in-Furness
Kent, England
“Let down by attention to detail.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

We stayed three nights in Room 8.
The sleeping accommodation and food was satisfactory and the staff were very obliging. However, when I pointed out that there was no showering facility or means of washing our hair I was told "Nobody has complained about it before."
I found this unbelievable and it reminded me of what one could expect of a pre-1970s Italian budget hotel.
It is sad really as, with a little effort, it could have been an acceptable place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thetalewagger
fairway01, manger at Fairway Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2010
I would just like to say how disappointed I was to read your comments.
I believe your complaint was due to the lack of shower attachment over your bath, and when you requested one from reception the response you received was not to your satisfaction.
The Fairway Hotel has 42 bedrooms, 37 of which have walk in power showers and 5 have baths. We do not supply showers over baths due to Health & Safety regulations. Every guest has the opportunity to request a room of thier prefered choice of bath or shower.
Whilst I acknowledge your dissatisfaction with one member of staff (whom I do not know the identiy of,) you stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. If you had asked to see me I would have done my upmost to change your room so you had a shower, but you didn't give me the opportunity to rectify any issues you had. With this in mind I find it disappointing that you found it neccasary to record the issues on trip advisor and make derogatory comments about the hotel bedrooms.
The Fairway Hotel was insepcted and passed to 3 * RAC standard, (when they were inspecting and rating hotels.) We are also regulary insepcted by the Cumbia Tourist Board. I will stand by our rooms and believe them to be equal if not better than the majority of hotels in Cumbria and welcome any prosepective guests to view the hotel and bedrooms anytime.
We endevour to ensure each guest who stays at the hotel has an enjoyable and relaxing stay and welcome constructive criticsm but feel your comments are not reflective of your stay.
If you would to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact me at enquiries@fairway-hotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
isle of man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2008

Wonderful Hotel, set just outside Barrow in Furness, Rooms are excellent half of them are on ground floor, Excellent restaurant , food extremely good.Small comfortable bar, Staff are very friendly giving the Hotel a very homely feeling.

Attached to the Hotel is a Golf Driving range and a 9 hole golf course.

Easy acces to Lake district from hotel.

• Liked — Every thing with hotel is first rate
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank onchan_traveller
fairway01, Manager at Fairway Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2010
Thank you for your review. Your comments are very much appreciated. I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. When you next have reason to visit Cumbria, please feel free to contact me.
Kind regards Karen Allenby
Manager
Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2008

Visiting this Hotel with a coach company for a Lake District break , The Hotel rooms were very large and comfortable and the whole stay was a pleasure .The staff really do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable and it certainly was as the food was excellent. The Hotel is a little isolated but has a nice bar area and is in a lovely location , well worth a visit - Gary- Leicester.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank GLOBETOTTER-GAZ
Kind regards
Karen Allenby
manager
glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2008

We booked into this Hotel very last minute on New Years Eve after being let down by a cottage company. To say we were a bit dubious before arriving was an understatement as it appeared to be the only Hotel in the area that wasn't full or that was functioning normally over the New Year period.

On arrival we were shown to a family room which was really clean although slightly Travel Lodge style. We had booked for dinner that night but there appeared to be a very large coach party with lots of over 60's which seemed to be causing the resturant to run way behind - 1 hour after our orginal booking time we were finally shown to our table. By the next day the coach party was gone and the Hotel returned to normalilty and peace.

The bed was extremely comfy and the staff were all pleasant and helpful. We stay in Barrow a lot as my Husband is orginally from there and we have tried several of the Hotels - normally we would stay at the Abbey House but this would be my second choice if they were full.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kind regards
Karen Allenby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barrow-in-Furness
The Duke of Edinburgh Hotel
Ambrose Hotel
Ambrose Hotel
#11 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness
Premier Inn Barrow-In-Furness Hotel
Premier Inn Barrow-In-Furness Ho...
#2 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness
Abbey House Hotel
Abbey House Hotel
#3 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness
Chequers Hotel
Chequers Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dalton-in-Furness

Been to Fairway Hotel? Share your experiences!