“Perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnstaple
Yeotown Health Retreat
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

What a fantastic place. I visited Yeotown with a group of work colleagues for a 4 day team building retreat and I have returned home as a new person. This retreat has given me more energy and reminded me how much I enjoy sport / outdoor activities. Everything at Yeotown is engineered to give each and every guest the best possible experience, from the relaxing sauna to the rustic country retreat and comfortable accommodation.

We partook in several activities including hiking and cycling along the beautiful Devon countryside with breathtaking views. We also had the opportunity to surf at Croyde with Lyndon Wakes Surf School at Baggy Point which has re-awakened my childhood passion for the sport. Davie and Simon were great leaders who kept the group on track and motivated through the various activities.

Yoga was a great end to each day, where we experienced invigorating and uplifting flow-yoga with Mercedes Ngoh. Mercedes was a great teacher and it is easy to see why her classes are so popular both at Yeotown and in London where she also teaches.

Julia the chef was brilliant. I have quite a few food intolerances and she made me feel completely at ease, catering for my additional needs and I didn't feel left out at all.

Comfortable accommodation, tasty food, great activities, friendly staff and much more. I couldn't have had a better experience at Yeotown, I feel incredibly lucky to have had the opportunity to stay there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful with comfortable beds. I stayed in the main building above the living...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I just spent 5 days at Yeotown on their detox retreat and it was an incredible experience. Having just spent 4 weeks in London this was a perfect place to rebalance and recenter myself before travelling to Thailand.

The centre and staff were so beautiful with every detail catered for and the scenery was truly amazing; I had no idea England was so beautiful and peaceful. They run many different types of programs so it was just timing that the detox program was running for my stay. I booked this only a few days before hand so I went with no expectations and came away with memories that will last a life time.

From London it's a 2 hour train trip to North Devon where they meet you at the station for a 45 minute drive to the retreat. The building are restored cottages and barns with each bedroom and bathroom decorated individually while maintaining the charm and heritage of the property, It was cold in my bedroom the first night being October but the heat was soon retained in the 2 foot thick walls.

The program itself was both physically and mentally challenging with each day full of activity but once I found my rhythm it became exhilarating. No specific training is required but a good level of general fitness is definitely an advantage as is a willingness to participate to your own level. The yoga was peaceful and connected but I particularly loved the hikes into forests and along the cliff tops with world class views of the amazing coastline. Finishing each day in the sauna and with a one hour personalised massage was perfect for tired and aching muscles.

The food was incredible with such a variety of delicious, healthy food and juices prepared from local organic ingredients. As with all the staff the chef was a truly beautiful person who had such skill and passion for what she prepared; we all wished we could take her with us.

If you want to see parts of England you would probably never find on your own, with world class guides and increase your health and fitness at the same time go to Yeotown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Absolutely wonderful. From the moment I stepped into the cottage I felt immediately relaxed and spent 5 wonderful days at Yeotown. It's a challenging but invigourating experience that I couldn't fault. The rooms, and indeed all the facilities are excellent, all the staff professional and courteous and the chef, Julia, was an absolute gem. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All the rroms are excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed at Yeotown over the summer and cannot fault the place. The facilities are beautiful and a real home from home (I wish my home was like that!). The programme was challenging but varied enough to keep the motivation up. The hikes were absolutely breathtaking (in both senses of the word) and the delicious food and massages were well-earned and much appreciated. I hope to return very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Nothing short of life changing.
I did the 5 day Yeotox in July, and was sceptically apprehensive before I arrived: would the experience live up to the glowing reviews? Would it be value for money? Would I starve to death or get stuck in a downward-facing dog? Above all, was I about to put myself in the hands of a bunch of 'my body is a temple' health nuts? The answers: yes; yes; no; and no. In order to avoid being repetitive, read the other reviews: they are spot on about the experience, people and general loveliness of Yeotown.
I arrived over-worked, exhausted, stuck in a cycle of bad diet, using coffee and alcohol to bookend every day. Exercise was a distant memory. I chose the Yeotox in order to press the 'reset' button on my life and get more balance and perspective.
The first thing I noticed when I arrived was that everyone at Yeotown loves what they do. And they are really, really good at it. The second thing I noticed - it's hard not to - was that Yeotown is stunningly beautiful. On arrival I was greeted with a fresh juice, given a quick show round, delicious lunch and the first of many life-enhancing chats with Julia, then off for a hike with the legend that is Davy. And here's the other thing I noticed about Yeotown: I had some of the most interesting and varied conversations I've had all year. A brilliantly random mix of people and experiences meant that I was shaken out of my rut as much mentally as physically.
As has been written in previous reviews, the Yeotox programme keeps you busy and is physically challenging but in a good way: the mix of activities is well balanced, you are supported at all times and restored by yoga and massage. And because the food is designed to maintain blood sugar levels - as if by magic - I never felt hungry, even though I was eating about 25% of the calories I would normally consume and doing about 500% more exercise. At this point I have a confession: I didn't follow the suggestion to detox before I arrived. This meant that Day 2 was a bit headache-y, and I would certainly advise you to follow the advice and clean up your act a bit before you arrive. On Day 3 something strange happened: we finished our hike in a little seaside town. As I tramped back to the minibus I walked past 3 ice cream shops. Here's the strange thing: I walked past. It simply didn't occur to me to stop for a 'treat'. In fact, quite the opposite - a few days of good food and exercise had released me from the tyranny of sugar cravings.
I was curious to see how sustainable the Yeotown lifestyle would be after I returned to 'real' life, When I got home, I discovered that a cake shop had opened on the street where I live. And guess what? Everyday I walk past it. Yeotown has made a real difference: I eat better, I exercise more, I am happier and I feel more in control of myself and my life. It has been nothing short of life changing. Thanks to Simon, Amy, Julia, Davy, Mollie and everyone else for making it such a lovely and valuable experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Yeotown is the perfect "get away from it all" countryside retreat. The balance between luxury and authentic farm house feel has been mastered. The food is magnificent, holistic chef Julia keeps things exciting so you never get bored. It's a wild, adventurous detox haven full of vibrant characters brimming with knowledge and joie de vivre. I'd recommend this to all my friends (guys included - there's hiking, cross-fit style workouts - they've even a cross-fit centre in Barnstable now, well I never, with the possibility of beach bootcamps and even surfing trips if you ask Simon nicely!) Yeotown has made a lasting impression on me that I will never forget. Thank you Simon, Mercedes (and Davy!) and all your wonderful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hettie_Rous
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I chose Yeotown after extensive research of yoga retreats, I wanted one that offered exercise and other luxuries not silent walks and lots of gong baths like many yoga retreats offered!
I also wanted an escape where I could literally leave my busy and stressed mind at home , or indeed take it with me and do a control alt delete! I also wanted a full itinerary!

Its beautiful surroundings the house is set in already start to release the city tensions when you arrive. Beautiful comfortable bedrooms, with plump cushions, soft beds, all your toiletries, organic of course, in the spacious bathrooms...the hour is a homely, luxurious, country home, which I immediately felt at home in! They even do your washing.

I wasn't here for weightloss. As a kick boxer and instructor fitness I'm pretty good at shall we say, but I wanted to immerse myself into a few days of yoga and health without my blackberry or ipad ( they request you hand in your phone at the start, do this if you can bare too! It's enlightening) being fed only organic food picked from the garden and prepared with such skill by the Inhouse cooks. The food really is so delicious...I will say, I was a little hungry the first day or two, but you are fed adequately and I adjusted quite quickly loving the fact dairy, caffeine, sugar was all out of my diet for tho five days, sweet cravings soon went away!

There were just five us on the retreat, the weather rained daily but genuinely didn't ruin the trip, we hiked every day in the fresh bracing air in the stunning landscapes of Devon, the sea air and the challenging walks were just the ticket. Each day started with yoga and ended with yoga with the beautiful and brilliant yoga teacher Mercedes. And as a special luxury you also receive a massage of a diff kind each night, and as a fussy patient I can assure you these were amazing...

I could go on, but I will finish with this...it isn't cheap however I arrived in one state of mind, and I left in a completely different one....I would and intend to return!

Room Tip: Some rooms share a bathroom so if this isn't for you ask for an ensuite
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo