“Well Worth it, Hands down the best Indian in Barnstaple!!!!!”

Masala Indian Takeaway
Ranked #71 of 145 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Bringing takeaway curry to a whole new level of flavour. Experience the finest blend and fusion of spices to create mouthwatering, aromatic dishes guaranteed to excite the senses
Reviewed 18 December 2018 via mobile

Now I never write reviews, due to laziness etc, but I felt compelled to let everyone know about this hidden little place in Pilton. My oh my, what an experience!! As soon as I got home, I couldn't wait to get tucking in. The aromas was hitting all my senses.

I'm not sure why some reviews complain about prices, I compared the total price of my food, with my ex Indian in town, and these guys in Pilton are around the same mark. For what I got was well worth the drive into Pilton.

I ordered a chicken chilli masala, to fight off some of the bitterly cold weather we've been having and I have to say I was blown away. The flavour was extraordinary. The heat level was just right and everything was just right. I got a lovely fiery peppery flavour that I have never experienced anywhere before. Every other Indian in Barnstaple I've tried, makes a chilli masala taste like a spicy Bhuna, but this place you know the skill is there when you can make a curry taste this good.

The price included a rice or naan, so I chose a garlic nan. And it was probably the best naan I've had. The garlic was nicely roasted on the top. Not like the other places I've been to where you find chunks of raw garlic in the middle.

All in all I would give Masala, top marks. I can't fault a thing. My new Indian from now on. Good job!!!

Date of visit: December 2018
2  Thank itsjohnny7676
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed 28 October 2018

We walked in and walked straight back out when I saw there prices, And it dident look particularly clean to me either.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Clark F
joynal2k4, General Manager at Masala Indian Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2019

I'm sorry you feel this way, I feel like your cannot possibly review us since you didn't eat our food so where the 1 star comes from is a mystery.
We take pride in our food and use only the best ingredients and the price reflects this. Think of it this way, if you are offered food to eat at a cheap price , consider how many ingredients it requires to produce that curry. Then consider where the cutbacks are being made to make that food cheaper..are staff being paid less wages? No! Is the gas and electric getting cheaper? No! So the only other variable is the ingredients. I hope this helps in your endeavours.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Best Indian takeaway in barnstaple! The Amli is one of the best curries I have ever had and the service is always fantastic. Highly recommend.

2  Thank E6493DTmichaeld
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Always great food, piping hot and tasty. Delivery is very quick and always so polite. Great customer service. I am vegetarian, great choices. Highly recommend.

1  Thank EX33Sharon
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Wow, what a great takeaway, very polite when we ordered and ready on time.
Reading some of the reviews they mention that portion size is small... well, I can say that the portions are very good indeed, plenty enough and a good price as well.
I had Amli King Prawn and Prawn rice, my wife had Lamb Chom Chom with mushroom rice.£26.
Due to the large portion my wife is freezing 1/2 the meal for another day.
The Amli King Prawn was very, very good, quite hot but not too hot, my wife’s Lamb Chom Chom was very mild but with a hint of heat in the background which was very nice. The rice which is included with the main meal was excellent, really good!
Well done to the team at the Masala, we are looking forward to our next takeaway and will tell our friends.
Gra and sandy.