All reviews car park high street centre of town cocktail bar lovely hotel sat nav secure parking central location hotel restaurant early hours brend hotel beef evening meal sister hotel full english brend group lovely room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Can't complain about the food or service as it was very good, but the fact that they came around and basically told us to leave or go to the bar if we wanted to have drinks almost as soon we put our cutlery down was a bit much as the table next to us that seated about 10 had been empty all the time we were there.

Trip type: Travelled with family
BrendHotels, Food & Beverage Manager at Royal & Fortescue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us here at The Royal & Fortescue. I am sorry to hear your experience didn't end, as both yourself and I would have hoped for. I will investigate the comments you have raised an ensure it does not reoccur. I do hope this will not deter you from returning again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Would like to say a big thank you to all staff that made are family stay so wonderful love the new lounge area and dinning area the evening meals were superb and the cocktails went down a treat so did the fresh cream scones and tea all staff down to the cleaners are so friendly. Thank you once again for a lovely weekend hope to be back soon

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! I'm so glad to hear we could play host to such a special occasion. I will pass your kind comments onto the team who will all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent room,brilliant hotel the staff were very professional, superb dinner, disappointed with the breakfast it wasn't up to the usual standard it used to be cooked individually. Otherwise very good as always.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Royal & Fortescue and I will pass your kind comments onto the staff. Please, next time you stay, do not hesitate to request an individually plated breakfast from the kitchen. We are always happy to meet any needs that are requested from our valued guests!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely old hotel in the heart of town with a modern revamped interior and has a nice lounge and new bar. We were taken to the carvery here which was superb in terms of price, taste and selection. Friendly staff too.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for leaving such a great review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience here with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partners family have been staying at this hotel for over 20 years, and I have now stayed here multiple times over the past 5 years. Every stay has been lovely. We’ve just left after a 3 night stay in room 115, we had a free upgrade which was lovely. All the staff have been so friendly and helpful, a special mention for Alex who I believe is the resultant manager for organising a different meal for me for the final evening (I’m a fussy eater!) and also the lovely lady who served us at our Sunday evening meal. I didn’t get her name but she served our table of 8 at around 7.30pm and couldn’t of been nicer. We can’t wait to come back again

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an amazing review! I'm so glad you have decided to continue the family trend and also stay with us here at The Royal & Fortescue. I will pass your kind comments onto Alex and the rest of the staff who will be delighted to hear they made your stay that extra special! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.