I stopped here for two nights. The hotel had been highly recommend and it did not let me down, truly traditional British hotel.
Easy to find and get to, plenty of parking. The staff were really friendly and helpful throughout, some of the best service I have ever had - quite simply each and every one of them seemed to genuinely care that everything was good.
The room was very comfortable, clean and well maintained as was the rest of the hotel.
I ate in the bar / bistro on the first night, and then in the restaurant on the second. Food was excellent in both; good quality, well presented and a reasonable level of choice. Great wine menu too. Breakfast was also very good.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone stopping in Barnstaple or nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Imperial Hotel, Barnstaple, North Devon, is part of the prestigious Brend chain of West Country hotels. Overlooking the River Taw at the heart of the market town of Barnstaple, this exceptional four-star hotel combines old-style charm with the highest standards of comfort and service. Whether you're looking for a family holiday or a peaceful break, the Imperial is the place for superb service. The hotel is also a popular venue for conferences, banquets and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Barnstaple
- The Imperial Hotel Barnstaple, Devon