It hardly seems to be 18 months since we were last at the Imperial. At first sight, nothing much has changed, everywhere is cleaned and polished, fresh flowers still in abundance. But checking in we discovered that our room had recently been refurbished to a very high standard. My wife who notices even the smallest details was hard put to find anything that could be improved. The staff were largely unchanged and the standard of service was, as usual, impeccable. The bar had also been refurbished although it was had to tell as it was exactly as before. The restaurant as always served a wide selection of excellent meals and our rate included Sunday lunch before we returned home. I would recommend this option if you get a chance. This hotel remains one of the best hotels in the south west of England and is well positioned to visit anywhere in North Devon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Imperial Hotel, Barnstaple, North Devon, is part of the prestigious Brend chain of West Country hotels. Overlooking the River Taw at the heart of the market town of Barnstaple, this exceptional four-star hotel combines old-style charm with the highest standards of comfort and service. Whether you're looking for a family holiday or a peaceful break, the Imperial is the place for superb service. The hotel is also a popular venue for conferences, banquets and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Barnstaple
- The Imperial Hotel Barnstaple, Devon