Barnstaple Hotel
US$182
US$140
Park Hotel(Barnstaple)
US$126
Travelodge Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)(Great Value!)
US$99
Travelodge
Premier Inn Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Pool
US$112
US$104
Agoda.com
The Royal Hotel(Bideford)(Great Value!)
US$147
Priceline
1,443 results
All reviewsoutdoor poolbowling alleykids clubburger kingchanging roomsan industrial estatehealth clubleisure facilitiesno liftgreat facilitieswould stay againfirst classlovely hotelnorth devonfunction roombrend hotelsexcellent food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Chose this hotel as an alternative to the fully booked Premier Inn and wouldn't look anywhere else now. It has everything you need for a weekend, or longer. Our room was fairly basic but could see other rooms had been refurbished to an impressive standard and would ask for one of those next time. Staff were really friendly (as they had been at the time of booking), bed was amazing, pool was lovely and warm, gym really well equipped, and our breakfast was very pleasant indeed (with a particularly friendly chap serving the hot food). Look forward to returning in the summer when we could make use of the outdoor pool too.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room - some are slightly less fresh looking (but still clean and comfortable).
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I only stayed here once and found it dated and scruffy around the edges, it was also quite noisey and I did not get a good nights sleep. The service was frankly abysmal, I had trouble getting served in the bar by the one staff member and was actually unable to get his attention to order a bar meal so ate out. I needed to leave at about 7 am having confirmed that was the time reception opened but it was nearly a quarter past before the staff member showed up for work and then I had to wait another 5 minutes for them to get themselves ready. Wil not ever stay tere again

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights and the room was lovely, clean and well maintained. The restaurant did a lovely romantic Valentines meal and all facilities were perfect. This is no Ramada, or Intercontinental, but the staff are so thoughtful that it has a delightful charm. I would stay again for sure.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was travelling on my own for business, working in nearby Bidesford, Warm friendly welcome on reception, arrived to my room to find it beautifully furnished, looked quite new. Custom made curtains and pelmet. Good lighting and perfect room temperature. Not stuffy like some rooms can be. Bathroom had designer shampoo and shower gel provided and soft white fluffy towels. Was exhausted from work so stayed in my room for the evening, which was very comfortable. Easy to work remote tv , tea and biscuits provided, comfy bed. Breakfast was very good, staff were attentive and helpful, nice to be served my tea and toast and not have to make as you do in some hotels. The pool and gym facilities looked fantastic unfortunately I was too tired to use them. Would definitely stsy at the Barnstsple hotel again, it puts a lot of other hotels I stay in to shame.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
BrendHotels, Martyn Hawes Hotel Manager at Barnstaple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is lovely to hear that you felt comfortable in your room, we continually refurbish our rooms to a very high standard, in the past year we have refurbished 12 rooms, both our ladies and gentleman toilets facilities front of house and our Arlington suite and this programme is planned to continue.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was my daughters wedding reception, it was a fantastic day to be top off with fantastic service by all the staff, food was very good with plentiful available. Overall the whole experience of the hotel was of a high standard in good decorative order and clean, would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Amy Noblett Office Manager at Barnstaple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are glad you all enjoyed the wedding reception and we helped make the day perfect for you all, wishing you all lots of happiness.