Park Hotel
Durrant House(Bideford)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsrock parkroom overlooking the parksky tvlovely parkcar parkhigh standardthe main hotelsunday carverytown centrebrend hotelsister hotelwithin easy walking distanceenjoyable stayone night staybrend groupwedding receptionlovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have stayed here every week for the last couple of Months during a Building Contract ( I am a Consultant Surveyor ) in and around Barnstaple.
I think this is one of the most comfortable and pleasant Hotels that I have had the privilege to stay in ( For example have stayed in several of Park Lanes and also Waldorf , London plus too numerous to mention abroad ). The Staff are excellent and are unstinting in their efforts at every turn. I find the Location excellent for work in Barnstaple and further afield in Ilfracombe and various small towns and villages off the North Devon Link road.
The food is of the highest quality and invariably presented in a wide array of attractive styles. I don't know why but I particularly love the chips in a mesh basket side dish.
You can use the pool and gym at the sister Barnstaple Hotel ( 5 mins drive ) or walk over to Rock Park on a beautiful Spring evening to ' take the air '.
I am always astonished at some of the moaning Minnies and whinging Winnies on here ( Trip Advisor ) who seem to ' hold ' themselves out to be ' DISGUSTED ' ( a favourite word of the Chav and Chavvy ) - invariably their mis - spelled ungrammatical rants damn them rather than the Hotel. Use spell check , at least , if you are just going to have a go.
So a big shout out to great Staff : Awad , Cathy , Kayleigh , Emily , Coral , Sandra , Steve ( Tall Steve ) , Stewie , Pete and everyone who make it a great Hotel.....

Room Tip: I would actually recommend ' The Garden ' annexe as I find it quiet ( not that its noisy anywhere tbh ) and you can park right up by the building ( which helps me as I am lugging cases , golf bags , CPAP machine , two laptops and sundry items !!! ). You can also come and go a bit easier there too.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nadnerb1956
BrendHotels, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for another lovely review of your stays with us. It is always welcoming to hear such positive comments especially from our long standing guests. We are very pleased that we have been your choice of accommodation whilst working in Barnstaple and that you have found your stays comfortable, convenitent and friendly.

We look forward to any future stays you have with us!

Best Regards

Pete Smale
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived late and left early. I travel a lot and this was good.
Breakfast was excellent.
I have one grip and that is you can't lock your bedroom door from the inside which I didn't like as a women on my own.
Restaurant was expensive and average quality.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We attended a Ladies festival over the weekend and first impressions were very good. Reception staff were pleasant and helpful. We were allocated a room in the Garden Court which was not in the main hotel. The room was on the ground floor and the only park it overlooked was the car park and even that was denied us on the Saturday when a car decided to reverse up to the window about 6 inches away from the glass.
The rooms were clean and adequate for our needs but I have never stayed in a hotel where you need to put your coat on to go to breakfast!
Wi-Fi is intermittent to put it politely. The staff are a wonderful bunch and definitely did more than make up for any gripes we may have had. Food and service good but I paid a supplement to eat Steak one night. I asked for medium rare sirloin but got well done rump instead, certainly not worth the extra money. My partner ordered pork belly which was delicious apart from the piece of crackling that was served with it, which was stale and tasted rancid. Another member of the party had the same experience.
Location, and service excellent. Well done to all the staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 44west
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We spent a weekend at the Park Hotel. The staff were extremely attentive from the time we set foot inside the hotel, and the standard of service remained excellent throughout our stay. The staff were consistently friendly, without being over-familiar, but made our weekend memorable.

Our room was finished to a very high standard, and the food (and drink!) remained at a high standard throughout our stay.

I am pleased that we our group has booked to stay at the Park Hotel next year, and both my wife and I are looking forward to a repeat of our experience.

Room Tip: Book early - we filled the hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ray S
BrendHotels, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you were so well looked after by our staff. We hope the rest of your group had an equally enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you all back next year!

Kind Regards

Pete Smale
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Park hotel. It was as good the second time as the first. The staff are really friendly and the food excellent. We had a lovely park view room. Would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Barbara U