Park Hotel
Great 4.5/5
Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)
US$107
Great 4.5/5
Travelodge Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)(Great Value!)
US$99
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$109
US$105
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
The Royal Hotel(Bideford)(Great Value!)
US$147
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsrock parkroom overlooking the parksky tvlovely parkcar parkhigh standardthe main hotelsunday carverytown centrebrend hotelsister hotelwithin easy walking distanceenjoyable stayone night staybrend groupwedding receptionlovely hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We all enjoyed our 3 night stay. Very friendly helpful happy staff, although very busy weekend.
Lovely food. We stayed in garden rooms which were well furnished and comfortable. Ideal for loading up for the day cycling or walking or whatever. Ample easy parking off road.
Well placed to stroll into town or along river walks. We will go back again.

Room Tip: they are all pretty similar - not tried the main hotel but would recommend garden rooms the pool & fitness centre are at another hotel but you can use them & they are good even get towels
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank gloria p
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed at The Park Hotel for 3 nights with a group of 50 people from my walking group. We occupied most of the rooms in the hotel and although they varied in size the quality of both the rooms and the bathrooms was consistently good. The bathrooms appeared to be quite new and very well appointed and cleaned.

We all arrived by car but there were no problems in finding space in the car park even though the hotel is located quite close to the town centre and there were functions going on at different times throughout the weekend.

The staff were mostly quite young but very helpful and efficient. The food was excellent and there were no problems with service despite the fact that our group tended to go down to dinner all at the same time. The only criticism I can make is that I went home rather heavier than when I arrived!

The hotel rooms are partly in the main building and partly in a separate building on the far side of the car park. This was a slight problem as the weather was wet during our stay and meals were served in the main building.. Apart from this I cannot fault the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building overlooking the park and the estuary are large and have the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank retireewestmidlands
BrendHotels, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found both the hotel and staff very accommodating for a group of your size. I hope that you and your group enjoyed your walks in the North Devon and should you choose to return to Barnstaple I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable trip!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stay here regularly and always find the staff friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable with good facilities. The only thing I would improve is the range of food, there was no lighter options on the menu. Breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Becky H
BrendHotels, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your Park Hotel experiences. We are very pleased that you continue to visit us regularly and that you find your stays welcoming and comfortable. Your recommendation on our menu is very much appreciated. We are always keen to hear how our customers feel we can improve and will look into adding some lighter options for our evening menu

We look forward to your next visit

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have stayed here every week for the last couple of Months during a Building Contract ( I am a Consultant Surveyor ) in and around Barnstaple.
I think this is one of the most comfortable and pleasant Hotels that I have had the privilege to stay in ( For example have stayed in several of Park Lanes and also Waldorf , London plus too numerous to mention abroad ). The Staff are excellent and are unstinting in their efforts at every turn. I find the Location excellent for work in Barnstaple and further afield in Ilfracombe and various small towns and villages off the North Devon Link road.
The food is of the highest quality and invariably presented in a wide array of attractive styles. I don't know why but I particularly love the chips in a mesh basket side dish.
You can use the pool and gym at the sister Barnstaple Hotel ( 5 mins drive ) or walk over to Rock Park on a beautiful Spring evening to ' take the air '.
I am always astonished at some of the moaning Minnies and whinging Winnies on here ( Trip Advisor ) who seem to ' hold ' themselves out to be ' DISGUSTED ' ( a favourite word of the Chav and Chavvy ) - invariably their mis - spelled ungrammatical rants damn them rather than the Hotel. Use spell check , at least , if you are just going to have a go.
So a big shout out to great Staff : Awad , Cathy , Kayleigh , Emily , Coral , Sandra , Steve ( Tall Steve ) , Stewie , Pete and everyone who make it a great Hotel.....

Room Tip: I would actually recommend ' The Garden ' annexe as I find it quiet ( not that its noisy anywhere tbh ) and you can park right up by the building ( which helps me as I am lugging cases , golf bags , CPAP machine , two laptops and sundry items !!! ). You can also come and go a bit easier there too.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nadnerb1956
BrendHotels, General Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for another lovely review of your stays with us. It is always welcoming to hear such positive comments especially from our long standing guests. We are very pleased that we have been your choice of accommodation whilst working in Barnstaple and that you have found your stays comfortable, convenitent and friendly.

We look forward to any future stays you have with us!

Best Regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived late and left early. I travel a lot and this was good.
Breakfast was excellent.
I have one grip and that is you can't lock your bedroom door from the inside which I didn't like as a women on my own.
Restaurant was expensive and average quality.

• Stayed: March 2014