All reviews room overlooking the park garden court rock park sky tv car park the main hotel high standard sunday carvery easy parking town centre brend hotel sister hotel would stay again air conditioning superb hotel one night stay wedding reception
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Myself and my husband live locally and had a rare evening out from our busy lives for BEAUTIFUL 3 course meal to celebrate an early valentines.

We were taken aback by the Incredible service and the staff lead by Magdalana. She was fantastic!
The evening ran flawlessly beginning with a glass of fizz in your beautiful bar to be sat at a lovely table for 2 our bottle of procescco waited on ice whilst every single attentive member of staff made us feel very welcome and looked after.

The food was cooked to perfection and presented so very well when it arrived to our table.

I’d like to recommend this amazing place to every person who has an opportunity to enjoy a fantastic experience for a special occasion.

Be prepared to be looked after and throughly spoiled.

Thanks again to Magdalena and the team.

Will be visiting again.

Nikita and Karl Learnihan.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for posting your review of your meal with us at the weekend.
I am very glad that Magdalena and the restaurant team looked after you so well, and that you found the food and drinks so much to your liking!
I'm glad that you're planning a return visit, and that you would recommend us.
Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Generally a good hotel however there are some drawbacks for what labels itself as a 4 star hotel:- The rooms are very narrow. Looking at the fire escape plan they all seem to be about the same size- There is no capacity provided to put a bag on a shelf or folding luggage holder. As the room is so narrow there is nowhere to leave luggage without tripping over it- The continental breakfast is very poor (the cooked choice is better)- If you need to work in the rooms the tables are not big enough- No irons on the room. One can be brought to you but it is small

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BrendHotels, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that we are lacking in a few areas. However I would point out that we don't label ourselves as a 4* hotel. This status is awarded by the AA and is measured against their standards and specifications, and since we have earned our 4* status we have been reassesed and have increased our merit score. Standards we have to meet include the size and space of the rooms, and also provision of storage space. I am sorry that you found the continental offering at breakfast dissapointing, but we offer cereals, croissants and pastries, yoghurt, cheeses, dried and fresh fruit, fruit juices, porridge, toast, and teas or coffee which I feel is fairly comprehensive. We have also decided to provide Irons/boards on request rather than having them in the room to reduce clutter. I am sorry that these issues marred your stay, but I am glad that overall you found this to be a good hotel.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was more than expected. Warm, comfortable, spotless clean and the food to a very high standard. The staff also is not to be forgotten as they were helpful, friendly and welcoming, a credit to the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you enjoyed the service you received and that you found the hotel spotless. I was also glad that you found the food of a very high standard.
Thank you again, and I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a perfect stay. Beautiful clean rooms, and great food. We booked the room, dinner, and breakfast deal, and were all upgraded to park view rooms. All the staff were so polite and professional, and the food was perfect

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I am very happy that you found the hotel beautiful and clean, and I am glad that you enjoyed the food and servicce you received during your stay. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great Choice of beer, Food was Excellent.No issue with the room and it seemed to be fairly sound proof.Never seen so many staff around cleaning things and making sure everything was in place.All staff were very friendly and professional

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for posting your recent review of our hotel. I was very happy to read your positive comments regarding the choice of beer and food! I am also glad that you found that the staff were so friendy and keeping the hotel just so. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.