“An entertaining hour or two for the children”

The Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in Barnstaple
Preston Lancashire
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“An entertaining hour or two for the children”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My son loves coming here. It is only a small museum, enough for 1-2 hours. The staff are friendly and attentive. There is even a little quiz for the little ones to complete. Last time we visited there was an interactive/ experiment room but it was looking a little tired. On this visit the room has been redesigned, with a Roman theme. How to build a curved archway, build a viaduct, how a catapult works are some of the highlights. Educational fun. Highly recommended. There is even a small cafe it looked nice but we didn't visit on this occasion.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank hideh0

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Education on a rainy day”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Its a beautiful building housing some interesting treasures. I didn't have my children with me but they would have enjoyed it. I was warmly welcomed and the gentleman on reception was very friendly and helpful. It is easy to spend some time here, escaping the rain and educating yourself at the same time.

Visited August 2012